saved data

weknowthewor

It depends on what it is you want to save. If you're talking about word procesing just use a word processor that autosaves data. Abiword I know does this and I think ms word does too. (actually don't all word processors do this?)

You could also get one of those power supplies that have a battery in them so if the power goes out you can save everything and shut down.

If you could be a little more specific it'd be helpful.

Nearly every word processor will do the auto save stuff.

If you mean storing the contents of things liks RAM every few seconds than this would be massively resource intencive... UPS is the way forward, you can get them quite cheap from some places.

Lol YT2095 I didn't know what it was called. When you said UPS I was puzzled why you would suggest United Parcel Services.

Uninterruptible Power Supply.

Kind of like if you mention CVS people assume you mean the drug store not the source manager.

Btw you can copy RAM in Linux w/ dd. I'm not sure the exact command but you just go through the /dev/rams. I don't know what good that'd do you but I'm sure there's some sort of specialized usage for it.