Your First Names:

blike

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Sven

Wooo for stupid names, I think i'll call my children something equally stupid so that I feel I have a connection to them.

Ah, young warrior, many people don't like their first names, or rather they envy someone else's first name. Have you registered over at Sven.com?

whats wrong with Sven?

Because according to everyone else i'm anything but...

I get Stephen, Spen, Ben, Spence, Spencer "Suh-ven" and even Seven.

On occassion I do get "Oh as in Goran Erricson?!" which at least means they know how to pronounce it.

I don't even bother correcting anyone on the phone at work anymore as I usually have to repeat my name 3 or 4 times and the whole office turns to watch me.

On the bright side it means I don't have people calling the office for me and I can quietly get on with my work without those interuptions.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Ah, young warrior, many people don't like their first names, or rather they envy someone else's first name. Have you registered over at Sven.com?

I have not registered, no. As much as i'm not keen on my first name I don't think I would change it or go by a psudonym, it would feel weird and unnatural after going by Sven for so long.

I've always been partial to Greek mythological names so maybe my offspring can bear a name like Achilles or Heaphestus. I 'unno ?:rolleyes:

I've always been partial to Greek mythological names so maybe my offspring can bear a name like Achilles or Heaphestus. I 'unno ?:rolleyes:
I always thought Paris would be a cool name. He got to see Aphrodite naked and won the love of the most beautiful mortal woman, and it's the name of a major cool city as well.

Then Paris Hilton messed it all up for me. :mad:

My first name is Ozymandias.

(That was a lie... it is actually David. But Ozymandias would be much cooler.)

Almost anything is cooler than Dave. For example, Bodkin Van Horn, Hoos-Foos, Snimm, Hot-Shot. And Sunny Jim. Even Putt-Putt and Moon-Face. Or something real cool, like Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face, or Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate...

But nooooo, what did our parents do back in the 50s through the 70s? They named us all Dave.

--

David.

Richard (and I have heard the jokes already).

Could be worse, my surname could be Head.

Just in case you wondered, my name on this forum isn't real. Cuthbert is a character from a comic and John is just about the commonest male name for men about my age.

John Cuthbert wouldn't fit in the box when I signed up so it lost a letter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bash_Street_Kids