Your First Names:

blike

What seems most reliable from a quick search:

"JADON m Biblical

Pronounced: JAY-dun

Means "thankful" in Hebrew. This name is borne by a minor character in the Old Testament"

http://www.behindthename.com/nm/j.html

Am personally disappointed, however. Many of the religious or devotional terms in Hebrew are cognates with Arabic. This one may not be, but certainly is not one I can place if it is, and I had not guessed Hebrew at all

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not see anything other than derived from Hebrew or the Bibilical reference. Further looking:

"Jadon

(From International Standard Bible Encyclopedia) ja'-don (yadhon, perhaps "he will judge" or "plead"): One who helped to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem in company with the men of Gibeon and of Mizpah (Nehemiah 3:7). He is called the "Meronothite," and another Meronothite is referred to in 1 Chronicles 27:30, but there is no mention of a place Meronoth. Jadon is the name given by Josephus (Ant., VIII, viii, 5; ix, 1) to "the man of God" from Judah who confronted Jeroboam as he burned incense at the altar in Bethel, and who was afterward deceived by the lie of the old prophet (1Ki. 13). Josephus may probably have meant Iddo the seer, whose visions concerning Jeroboam (2 Chronicles 9:29) led to his being identified in Jewish tradition with "the man of God", from Judah.

James Crichton"

http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Def.show/RTD/ISBE/Topic/Jadon

Had occured to me yesterday evening his name may not be Hebrew but borrowed in, the above could support that

My dad recently gave me his Anchor Bibles which am afraid went straight to the garage as am out of religion these days, but may dig those up to see if I can get a better sense, if they chose to address the question. Otherwise, expect am beginnning to get more interested in this question than most others here could be expected to

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...