Going through a Black Hole

What would happen if you did go across a black hole, assuming you:

-Did not experience spaghettification

-Did not hit the singularity

-Did not get yourself fried by the enormous amounts of electromagnetic radiation being emitted

-Or just otherwise lived to tell the tale.

There are various theories stating that you could end up in another universe or in another place in the universe. But I'm wondering what your thoughts on it are and what it looks like going through a black hole.

in being consumed you of course would be vaporised as all that enters is. then become part of the total or assimilated into the matter. when the BH vaporizes you would become space dust looking for matter to join with and eventually become something else, but not that far away. very few think wormholes exit to lead this matter to the center or other parts of the universe and certainly none think another universe.

By using "through" you're assuming that a black hole is a physical hole that you can go through.

Black holes have their name because they are "holes" in that nothing ever comes out, not because they lead to a prairie dog colony.

Except hawking radiation :P

"If you ignore all of these physical restraints what would happen if?"

If you're ignoring all of that physics why should any other physical prediction be true? The consequence of removing them could seriously damage any science you came up with anyway.

What would happen if you did go across a black hole, assuming you:

-Did not experience spaghettification

-Did not hit the singularity

-Did not get yourself fried by the enormous amounts of electromagnetic radiation being emitted

-Or just otherwise lived to tell the tale.

There are various theories stating that you could end up in another universe or in another place in the universe. But I'm wondering what your thoughts on it are and what it looks like going through a black hole.

Well, hypothetically if you did have such strong bonds to avoid spaghettification (which is impossible) then you could possibly spew out into a universe that had completely different physical constants to the universe in which we reside. So it's not really comprehensible, because you yourself, wouldn't fit the system, if that makes sense.

Singularities are just a mathematical hindrance, so are not really applicable i.e you can't have infinite mass.

There are a few theories that deal with black holes, and what happens 'on the other side', but to date it has to be treated with speculation, because clearly how can you probe a black hole, and get information back...in fact you'd just increase the entropy of that system. Maybe look up fecund universe's, but don't confuse that with Everetts' many worlds hypothesis.

I'm fascinated with black holes, but we're talking serious physics, so it's anybodies guess (especially mine) what happens beyond the event horizon.

Contrary to Capn's comment, I believe that you will stumble upon a prairie dog colony, but these prairie dogs will be huge, space sucking giants...who won't take no for an answer, so I'd stay put if I were you ;)

Hmm, I'm guessing it would be a Worldwide Topic or you may actualy get assigned to a Mental Hospital ^^

It would though, Be quite remarkable to go through a Black Hole and it have No Affect on you.

If the black hole has enough gravity to even overtake any bonding energy of matter, or even a singular atom, then it leads to guessing what a black hole itself is composed of. I mean does the gravity exist just at the event horizon? If not, which I don’t see how it could, though that does not mean it isn’t, lol, then what could survive even to make up a black hole? I mean if bonding energy or energy period has the ability to be rendered to the singularity, then would not a black hole eventually reach being a Bose-Einstein condensate? I don’t see how you could have movement in a black hole overall, as posed.

Personally I think as a human being you would experience what everything else does that gets to close to one. On another hypothetical level, to try and respond to your post, I don’t think much anything would happen, you would probably be stuck at the center or so of the black holes body until its life span past. I mean a black hole exists in 3-D space. So for it to work as being put forward by some as a dimensional gateway, well, I just don’t see it.

According to Stephen Hawking, the only reason we consider the possibility of "spegetification," or however it's spelled, is because that's what it would look like to the outsiders because spacetime is distorted to our vision. According to Hawking, if a satient person were to actually enter a black hole, they would experience a common free-fall; nothing more, nothing less. Their body would appear to be spread out over the black hole only because Einstein's Theory of Gravitational Distortion suggests that large quantities of gravity have the potential to distort spacetime, which explains why light heads for a black hole even though it has no mass and thus is unaffected by gravity (it's following a straight path, but the path is distorted by the black hole, causing what appears to be a change in direction).

Hopefully, I'll learn more about this in college in the coming months. Until then, idk.

• 2 weeks later...
According to Stephen Hawking, the only reason we consider the possibility of "spegetification," or however it's spelled, is because that's what it would look like to the outsiders because spacetime is distorted to our vision. According to Hawking, if a satient person were to actually enter a black hole, they would experience a common free-fall; nothing more, nothing less. Their body would appear to be spread out over the black hole only because Einstein's Theory of Gravitational Distortion suggests that large quantities of gravity have the potential to distort spacetime

Do you have any sources for that? I'm pretty interested in the subject and I've just been reading A brief history of time, so far what I've read contradicts your post.

Gravity gets weaker the farther you are from the star' date=' so the gravitation force on our intrepid astronaut's feet would always be greater than the force on his head. This difference in the forces would stretch our astronaut out like spaghetti or tear him apart before the star had contracted to the critical radius ...

"A brief history of time" - Tenth anniversary edition / pg. 99[/quote']

Do you have any sources for that? I'm pretty interested in the subject and I've just been reading A brief history of time, so far what I've read contradicts your post.

My source is a Science Channel documentary called "The Hawking Paradox." If anyone would like to vouch for me, that would be great.

My source is a Science Channel documentary called "The Hawking Paradox." If anyone would like to vouch for me, that would be great.

The "Hawking Paradox" refers to the apparent destruction of information when it falls into a black hole. The idea behind it is that since light cannot escape a black hole, any information about what falls into it, or the shape of the body itself, is lost. However, since black holes evaporate over time, there has been a debate about whether the information would leak out with it, or if it would be destroyed all together. It is called a paradox because the destruction or loss of that information violates one of the fundamental principles of science, that information cannot be destroyed.

The "Hawking Paradox" refers to the apparent destruction of information when it falls into a black hole. The idea behind it is that since light cannot escape a black hole, any information about what falls into it, or the shape of the body itself, is lost. However, since black holes evaporate over time, there has been a debate about whether the information would leak out with it, or if it would be destroyed all together. It is called a paradox because the destruction or loss of that information violates one of the fundamental principles of science, that information cannot be destroyed.

Uh, dude, here's a crazy thought: If you're gonna start accusing me of crap, at least get your facts straight.

I know what the Hawking Paradox was about. What do you think I am? A child? The point of a free-fall was made only as a side topic, completely digressing the main point of the show, but it was there.

I apologize if I made you feel that way, I was just making a point so that it doesn't confuse anybody.

Personally, I think the hawking paradox could be an alternative to dark matter. Supposedly, there is not as much matter and energy in the universe as there was immediantly after the Big Bang, so scientists proposed dark matter and dark energy, or matter and energy that can't be detected with the five senses, to explain this. Personally, I think that's BS, simply because there's no way to prove it. Scientific truth is greatly, if not completely dictated by observation, which cannot take place without the senses, so by proposing dark matter, you're proposing something that cannot be proven.

Alternatively, the Hawking Paradox could explain why this lack of matter and energy exists. I don't propose that, when something enters a black hole, it disappears, but travels to another universe, parallel to our own. It has long been theorized that an infinite amount of such universes exist, making up the multiverse, so why not? Black holes are also a source of expelsion as well as suction, because when matter from another universe enters a black hole, out of sheer chance, it enters our universe in the form of hawking radiation, which used to be matter, but underwent nuclear fusion due to the black hole's gravity.

I know, it all probably sounds completely bogus, but I still have yet to get to college. I'm pretty sure I'll learn enough to come up with a legitemate theory then.