Remote Control Pigeons

Corillian

Me? I think that this is a beautifull and well though out idea. Just think of the benifits of it. Paraplegics could in the future walk again.

In my opinion I hope that in the future they do implant these into people, helping people walk. The possibilities are limitless. To limitless to be ignored just by the fact that they test it on animals. New Vaccines that save billions of peoples lives are tested on animals.

Im not saying animaly testing is a bad idea. But controlling someone or something (i.e. a sentient being), against their will... Well its no different to blackmail, but forcefully. What if they use this against humans, or on other animals and make them kill and/or damage others. Make no mistake, im not saying using electrodes to stimulate muscles is 100% bad, but using them to control anothers actions, that isn't letting or making Paraplegics walk again, its invoking forceful control over another, no different to persecution, except nothing can be done about it.

A blade is a good thing if it is a surgeon's scalpel and a bad thing if it is a murderer's dagger. There's nothing new about the fact that new discoveries can be used for good or bad things. Societies generally enact laws to prohibit daggers and permit scalpels. The same thing will happen with this technology.

Me? I think that this is a beautifull and well though out idea. Just think of the benifits of it. Paraplegics could in the future walk again.

You misunderstood the article. The device is placed in the brain, meaning it can do nothing if the nerves to a limb are severed. It serves to change the will of the pigeon, not to flap its wings for it.

• 2 weeks later...

It won't be long before we'll be able to not only control many different types of animals remotely, but also capture & record what they are seeing, hearing, and smelling. Just think of the possibilities for government spying! What if flying or crawling insects could be used as little robots to record our every move?

That old saying, "I wish I was a fly on that wall"—might be close to possible before long.

MachinesLikeUs News