A Question to YT

aommaster

YT, do you have every method for making every single compound on this planet?! I was reading ur threads, some showed me how to make copper sulphate, sodium iodide! Did u actually learn this or just found it form experience? Very impressive! Good work!

well not every compound on Earth no, I lack the materials and equipment for that for a start, and there`s still plenty I don`t know.

as to How I learned, it`s a good combination of all ways, practical experience, and a good foundation in the basics goes a long way :)

and I never focus on just one area, I like to keep my learning as broad as possible, the rest is just limits of your own imagination.

nature gives you the materials, it`s up to you how you use them :)

well I do depend on others in a sense, it wouldn`t be much fun if I had to make ALL my chems, for instance, I buy the sulphuric acid and the copper to make copper sulphate, It would take a long time to make my own from natural elements and minerals that I find, I buy my glassware too (some I make, sure).

and alot of my basic learning about chem for instance came from books and other people that taught me these foundations (someone had to write the books).

all I do, is take the tools (both material and mental) and make the most of them to the best of my ability :)

being slightly insane helps no end :))

yeah, I made one as a kid for melting copper and lead. a crude one isn`t all that hard to do, and living where I do is very industrialised with steel works etc... it was a case of looking up the basics I needed and going to the local factory landfill site and collecting the ceramic bricks and tiles and pots, coke was plentifull and anyone can rig up a small electric fan blowing down a conduit.

it wasn`t a fantastic little furnace, but it worked well enough for basic sand castings, I was making knuckle dusters and Ninja stars to sell at school for cigarette money (no one`s perfect).

as for your garage, DO IT! you won`t regret it :)

My wife used to complain quite frequently also, now she even helps with some stuff :)

don`t get me wrong, I`m still banned from doing 1 or 2 certain experiments again, but that`s ok, she`s well within her rights due to common safety reasons, and I do see her point.

I think you`ll be just fine, Go for it! and involve her where possible, ya never know, she could end up being the next Marie Currie :)