NoDoz

ydoaPs

I'm confused. The bottle says "safe as coffee" and "The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee" yet it also says "take 1/2 to 1 caplet not more often than every 3 to 4 hours." I've coffee at a rate far greater than one cup every three to four hours before with no ill effects, so I'm confused. Is the bottle exaggerating, or do I have a tolerance from years of caffeine use? Each pill is 200mg. Either way, they keep me awake during class.

Most likely the dosage recommendation errs on the side of caution. For some people a cup of coffee too late in the day would ensure sleeplessness that night so the NoDoz could have the same effect.

People like you that have a higher tolerance for caffeine may have to adjust your intake accordingly, but I don't think it's a good idea to slam three of them with a scone like you might with java. Once it's already in your system it's harder to correct too large a dose.

the amount of caffeine is probably less than 200 mg per pill. LD 50/50 is around 2500 mg anyway.

say What!:eek:

per what unit mass????

LD 50 is measured in Dose per Kg, I can assure you that 2.5g per kilo is Far above the MORE THAN lethal dose for cafeine!

say What!:eek:

per what unit mass????

LD 50 is measured in Dose per Kg, I can assure you that 2.5g per kilo is Far above the MORE THAN lethal dose for cafeine!

Out of curiosity, what IS the lethal dose of caffeine?

• 7 months later...
I'm confused. The bottle says "safe as coffee" and "The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee" yet it also says "take 1/2 to 1 caplet not more often than every 3 to 4 hours." I've coffee at a rate far greater than one cup every three to four hours before with no ill effects, so I'm confused. Is the bottle exaggerating, or do I have a tolerance from years of caffeine use? Each pill is 200mg. Either way, they keep me awake during class.

They're just recommending safe levels, and you probably shouldn't have that much caffeine over long periods as it can lead to health problems such as heart arrythmias even if the acute symptoms aren't that bad.

I think one difference in the way Nodoz acts phyisologically is the way you take it compared to coffee.

What does it take, 20-30 mins on average to drink 2 cups of coffee? But if you take a couple of pills, the caffine should hit your bloodstream much faster. Not fast enough for a bolus effect like you would get from smoking, injecting or snorting a substance, but probably much more of a quick jolt than you get from sipping a dilute, hot drink.