River Surfing with Dynamite?

Pangloss

i think its faked. when he's on the wave it looks like its not actually part of the river. plus, if someone actually flung that amount of dynamite into a river in a town don't you think it would have been plastered over the news .

also, the amount of dynamite used for that looks suspiciously small for the amount of water it threw up.

the real tip-off is almost exactly half way through, directly after the explosion, then a sudden frame change and background change.

you have to watch it frame at a time to notice it properly.

is that a guess or something? you can clearly see the buildings, and briefly, the edge of the bridge at numerous points during and after the explosion.

O.o

and considering the amount of water that can be thrown up with a simple dry ice bomb in a swimming pool id say 3 sticks of dynamite is plenty for that reaction.

how they would get a hold of dynamite and throw it into a river in a city without ending up in prison is another story.

At the end of the video it has Quicksilver's logo and since they make surf clothing etc. it makes me think that Quicksilver made the ad. Whether it is real or not I'm not sure. It certainly looks real but as other people have said you would have thought it would be on the news.

At the end of the video it has Quicksilver's logo and since they make surf clothing etc. it makes me think that Quicksilver made the ad. Whether it is real or not I'm not sure. It certainly looks real but as other people have said you would have thought it would be on the news.

the quicksilver logo doesnt make you think maybe the guys buy their surf clothing from quicksilver?

If that is so why would they bother putting the logo in? Plus the phrase "original thinking" sounds like it came from marketing. I think its just an internet ad, something that is really outrageous and everyone sends it to their friends or posts it on forums so it gets more exposure.

If that is so why would they bother putting the logo in? Plus the phrase "original thinking" sounds like it came from marketing. I think its just an internet ad, something that is really outrageous and everyone sends it to their friends or posts it on forums so it gets more exposure.

where are you seeing this logo?

and as I said, it`s Bogus!

you can see that in a frame by frame look directly after the initial detonation.

your actually looking at a Boat wake when he`s "surfing" or some such.

wants Maths thrown at it... Zero Chance, hows that :)

now if it were an ANFO charge or the like several 10`s of metres below and in the 250Kg region, you stand a chance, the VOD on dynamit is far too brissant, you`de kill fish just fine, but lousey for a wake, you need a heaving charge for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really beginning to wonder if all these "XTREME!!!!!11!" ads aren't just paid for by some cynical old fart who actively is trying to propagate Darwinism (not the real Darwinism, the kill off the stupid kind) by destroying and mangling all the misguided youths they can.