Something to argue about-possible teleportation process

H2O

my friend and I think of a way of teleporting objects in space. This is only possible if strings exist. our idea takes us to build a machine that could determine specific string/blue print of a specific object. then breakdown matter into elementary particles. load them to a laser project them into space with the information of the string. then rebuilds the matter in the place desired.

the string answers the problem of putting back matter to its original form.

but how much energy is needed?

is it even possible?

:):D:embarass: :P;)

• 4 weeks later...
my friend and I think of a way of teleporting objects in space. This is only possible if strings exist. our idea takes us to build a machine that could determine specific string/blue print of a specific object. then breakdown matter into elementary particles. load them to a laser project them into space with the information of the string. then rebuilds the matter in the place desired.

the string answers the problem of putting back matter to its original form.

but how much energy is needed?

is it even possible?

:):D:embarass: :P;)

The amount of data would be massive!

How would you create the "strings" at the destination and create them at the start?

The ammount of data needed for such a thing... That would exceed a googolplex of gigabyte.. If strings exist, there would be over 10^500 in as much as a human body.. Would you make one string one bit of information, that would exceed the ammount of information capable to be stored you would get if you used all earths resources to make harddrives...

im a network engineer and we use fibre optic cables very often, because of its speed and reliability, the reason for this is because it uses light, its getting more and more reliable as time goes by, now they have a way to send multiple signals down one strand of fibre optic cable by adding a prism at the end of each sides of the cable, since the spectrum is always the same at both ends the signal can run for 2 km and not lose signal strength, yet i beleive there is a fibre optic laid across the atlantic that runs just fine and that is well over 2 km, if a prism can split a signal and data and run down the spectrum with no loss of signal, then whats to say if we do work out some form of teleportation and the particals do run as light, then why can't we split these particals down the spectrum and still keep some form of original order as these particals are both traveling and rearranged on the other side, the main problem we have is that a power source to do this is still beyond our technology,

i just used the fibre optics as an example of the prisms we use, the main point i was getting at was the fact of if you use a prism you are sending the same amount of data down more than one wavelength, technically it should be somewhat faster, but it needs to be studied further n unfortunately i do not have the apperatus required for such a test neither do i have the financial backing

I've studied fiber optics in quite some detail. The way the atlantic cables work is by having devices about every 1km which amplifies and cleans the signal.

The amount of data, even if you could use 100 different wavelengths, would still be too large. One of the big problems with using so many different wavelenths is that to transpher the data any distance without fiber you want it collimated which means lasers and preferably diode lasers as they are small and fast and we just can't build that range of wavelengths reliably yet. And are a long long way off.

I've always though of using a model for both ends transmission, so all you had to do was break down the differences in body structure, transfer that, and re apply at the end without re do a whole body everytime.

You would still need nearly infinite storage and speed at those locations but.

the main problem is creating and maintaining such power too, they can do transportation but jus sending a laser 600 meters across a river but that was in a lab environment i beleive, link

look towards the bottom of this link it should say 'teleportation goes long distance'

Im not sure where think it was cnn but a few scientist teleported a few molecules a short distance. Looked for the article but could not find it.

No, they teleported the state of the molecule, i.e. information was transferred. "Teleported" has a very specific meaning in that context, and it's not the same as used on Star Trek.