How did you find this site?

How did you find ScienceForums?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How did you find ScienceForums?

• Word of Mouth
    • Search engine
    • Link on another site
    • Other (Post)

How funny. I just found these forums completely at random. And I mean random. Not by search engine or word of mouth or anything. Just random. I love it. Haha.

But, um.. yeah.

Oh, and I finally got a new computer, you guys will see me on more.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh, Willow.:D

Willow posted on another forum, The Last Refuge of the Sane. (How we got that name is a long story.:D ) Basically complaining about how closed minded the people here were. As a true irreverent refugee I thought I should come and have a look.

The truth was that I was most impressed with how even the worst of the creationists or pseudoscientists were treated well and politely regardless of how dumb their arguments were.

Most forums that have an area for this type of topic are either for those who can can deduce the mathematics of the Precession of the Equinoxes from the radius of the curvature of a bit out of a Big Mac or they believe our current knowledge is the last word and dissent is akin to Blasphemy.

I have an interest in these areas and was impressed by the "Okay that's your theory, show us your evidence" attitude here.

Oh yes, and I thought some of the members here seemed moderately insane. That's very appealing.

• 1 month later...

Somehow I stumbled upon http://thefinaltheory.com. This was right as I was getting into quantum/relativity, and so I knew instantly the site was bullshit. It was funny bullshit though, because the guy's comprehension of things like relativity, permanent magnets/Curie point/spontaneously broken symmetries was clearly quite lacking, and he was among the horde of "Science has gotten too goddamn complicated; there should be a common sense explanation for everything that everyone can comprehend!" nutjobs.

Anyway, I found the thread debunking him here, decided to participate, and well, there it is...

Haha, Ecoli showed me about the Four 4's challenge going on in the General Mathematics forum. After making a fool of myself in my first post, I stumbled around the rest of SFN, and now we're here!

I thought using the Fibonacci sequence would have been ok. Sorry about that. Anyway, I don't regret showing you SFN :)

• 1 year later...

I was puzzled about one lecture of my University Professor about Inductive Effect. I used Google and typed "Science Forum" since I want to get the ideas of other people who can respond.

I choose the first link which is a different site than this. I posted my ideas and questions but noone has answered it yet. So I went to another link and choose this one. By far, this is the best forum yet. :cool: