• Link on another site
    • Other (Post)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

well, i was a normal kid

i wanted to know about the physics of the neutron bomb, so i googled "neutron bomb" and it came to a thread here, i read, was amazed, registered, saw more, liked it, and kaboom! here i am a few months later

• 8 months later...

BUMP! (on the assumption that this info is useful to you guys, for advertising or summit)

i wanted to know if anyone had any info on whether retriction enzyme genes functioned in eukaryotes, (on which theres no published data)

i typed 'science forum' into google and joined about three forums to post my question. then i had a savvy all around this forum 'cos it seemed interesting and the replyers to my question seemed to have a groovy balance of sciency knowledge and happy-happy-fun-funness.

goot hooked on the hillariouse 'myth of human evolution' thread starring willow, and 'ta-da': one more member.

By the way, we're the first search result for 'science forum' in google now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just wanted to join a forum where i can talk about some of the science things that noone else wanted to talk about so i went on google and typed "Science forum." Even though this was the first site i did see others but in the end this looked like the right site to join.

• 3 weeks later...
i just typed science forums on google and this was the 1st one of the list. That reminds me i should check out the others.

Same here, and personally this is the best I've found...there's some true experts in the field and a diverse community which makes for good debate.

I've found a lot of forums just boiling topics down to skepticism and philosophy which is fine if you're interested in those subjects, but not if you want to learn anything.

I used to go to a site called 'dr neutrino' or 'ask dr neutrino' this was, in my opinion, the best science forum on the web, but it shut down one day, and ever since, I have been searching for a science forum that measured up to it. None came close until I ran across this one. (Yahoo! Search)

• 1 month later...

also 'googled' science forum.

I was a member at Evo vs Creationist Forum but never posted much. The debate there didn't seem to achive much, although it was amusing for a while. I thought I would look for a general science forum instead - that said, it seems like their is a lot more activity in the in physics forums than elsewhere.

There's no category up there for "luck," but search engine is the second-best fit.

I was really looking for a place to answer a couple questions I had, I figured I'd find a regular old web site. Then google showed me SFN and I screamed "I've seen the light!" or something along the lines of that (maybe it was "Sweet...") and I realized that I could always pester the people here by asking stupid questions :P

Thus, my life as an SFNite started...