WHere does gravity come from

spikerz66

Today in my phisics class my teacher was talking about gravity and he said that noone knows where gravity comes from.

Im thinking- isnt gravity a direct relation derived from an objects mass?

-why is this such a hard concept then, why cant noone find out where it comes from?

Mass has a gravitational effect, yes. But a lot of the nitty gritty on, say, WHY mass has a gravitational effect has yet to be worked out. For example understands gravity on the quantum level.

But saying nobody knows where it comes from is probably a bit of an overstatement.

einstien defined space-time, and gravity is explained in the warping of space-time. think of it like standing on a huge trampoline. there is you and say a person who has twice your mass (you can say weight if you wish because you are both being effecting by the acceleration do to gravity, so the mass is proportional to the weight). now if you were to stand on the edge of the trampoline and the other person was to stand in the middle. as you get closer to the other person you can feel the effects of him on the trampoline, and in a sense with each step that you get closer, your ballance is thrown off more untill you get pulled into him. like this masses in space-time end up warping it, and the warp is so much that it pulls at it, hence gravity. now, there is even more deep explainations involving angular momentum, torque, and dark matter when deeling with planetary orbits, but this is the jist of it all

I think gravity comes from aliens in outer space!!!! hahahahaha!! just joking!!

gravity is mainly the attraction of two masses. either small or big. I believe that an object with mass while with respect to the distance between them has gravity. gravitational forces are basic entities of matter along with the nuclear forces and weak, strong forces that govern matter in our universe. basically matter can be derived through energy and i think the energy maybe the reason of the existence of gravity. Example light is a form of a wave--a stream of enegy--but Albert predicted that light could be bent by gravity. I believe that light is no mass but pure energy but exhibits that of a "massly" object. energy could be the reason that gravity exist.

ps. im not that intelligent as a scientist, maybe its a misconception but i think there is a slim chance that it could be true.:D