Can i find it easily?

ChemSiddiqui

hi, we were at the laboratory last week trying to do some of the chemistry experiments in the college? but we could not do it beacuse we did not know what exactly was mineral fibre and ceramic fibre. can some 1 tell me what exactly is mineral fibre and ceramic fibre and can they be found easily in shape of our daily use items.

i would be thankful 2 any 1 who tells me.

Chemsiddiqui,

Asbestos is banned in quite a lot of the world so I doubt that you need it.

the rockwool stuff used as insulation may well do the job. When you wrote

"hi, we were at the laboratory last week trying to do some of the chemistry experiments in the college? but we could not do it beacuse we did not know what exactly was mineral fibre and ceramic fibre. "

what were you hoping to do? We might be able to help better if we understood better.

John,

thnx for the info about Asbestos being a banned substance. i am sure it will be banned here as well because if you are a studnet and under 18 they dont give you sulphuric acid in Pakistan so i dont expect any one to give me Asbestos. anyway u said that if u knew better then u can help me more, so i wish 2 tell u that we were performing an experiment for the cracking of a liquid paraffin as it is in our AS level syllabi. i do hope now that you know what we were doing u can guide me better. anyway can we use aluminium oxide as a substitue for Asbestos, it is easily available too?

i hope u answer me as soon as possible i'll be grateful for that and thnx 4 the info again alright.