Unique College-Level Research

andygeo07

I suppose I'll start...last year, as part of my honors thesis, I researched Oklahoma's seismic activity and correlated it with buildings and other structures to see what might be at risk. This year, I'm researching a compound, ZnCdS, that was sprayed by the Army in 1962 and trying to find it in local soils in hopes of seeing if the Cadmium is still bound to the compound. If it isn't, then that might mean bad news for local residents since elemental cadmium is carcinogenic.

I have done a PhD on mechatronics and control theory. Lots of mechanics, mechanical engineering, electronics and especially mathematics.

I switched career after that. Now I'm working in IT as software engineer. Chemistry/experimenting is a hobby for me.

I received my Bachelor's of Science in Forensic Chemistry. The degree taught me about thinking "outside of the box" and quite analytically. I now look at the big picture more than ever before and try and see every possible problem that can arise. While I never got a career in chemistry (as honestly the chemistry field is very limited in terms of jobs and actually quite boring), everything I learned really helped me out in my current career path. I now work as a Clinical Data Coordinator who directs various teams of people in the running and management of data in a Clinical Trial of new drugs. The work I do every day helps very sick people live longer, and happier lives. The ability to think "outside the box" and see the big picture is what I appreciate most.

Chemistry has remained a hobby of mine and my element collection brings me great pleasure.

I do biomechanics and animal locomotion, specifically on arboreal snake locomotion, which has never before been described. My first chapter was on the kinematics (cycle duration, etc), and my second will be on the muscle activation patterns.

Mokele

I work with non-coding RNA's. Designing methodologies to isolate new classes. Working on my masters in Biochemistry. Have three projects going in paralle now, and it's starting to make me a little... ...high strung to say the least.