Self-binding Photons

This is one of two examples I promised in this thread about how to make theories that advance physics. My goal here is not really to suggest this hypothesis (though it would be nice it it worked) but to show where I looked for it and how I developed it. As a layman, I'm not able to read the vast majority of the physics research, so this may have been suggested and rejected already, but I've not heard of it in common conversations, so it's either too boring/useless or it's just plain never been suggested.

A look at the fundamentals of physics

What better way than to look at the interaction of space (gravitation) and energy (Photons). Since energy creates gravitation, we're looking at a Self-Interacting Photon.

Let's take this to extremes first. Say you're got a photon with 100 solar masses of energy. That photon is likely to (apon interaction with anything) spontaneaously collapse into a black hole, binding itself for eternity. Now say you've got a photon with nearly zero energy. It'll have a huge wavelength and be totaly unbound.

This suggests a middle-of-the-road formation: a single photon with just enough energy to be bound in one wavelength around it's own center of gravity the same way a single electron wave is bound around a proton. The mathematics of stability will be far more complex, as this is a self-interacting model, but should be solvable. So how stable is it?? What size? What energy?

If it is stable, it suggests a nice way to avoid singularities in black holes. The photons must orbit outside the event horizon, but inside the "light sphere" of a black hole. The horizon in the stable form is then likely to be a single point in space, and not enterable. Any matter entering a black hole would be converted to photons and orbit in this most stable configuration, thus the event horizon never forms, you go from neutron star to photon star (um... dark photon star?).

There's plenty for discussion here. I'm personally extremely curious how stable this is, any why. Also the effects could be huge depending on how it all works out. Perhaps I've discovered the electron, or perhaps I've proven the singularity, if this was the last hope of abolishing it.