the reaction of copper wire and a flame

andie

Copper may be somewhat oxidized at its surface, but it hardly can be called a reaction. You will get copper (I) oxide and copper (II) oxide, in a very thin layer around the copper metal. The inside does not react.

The flame can also reduce some of the oxide back to copper. The hot gas is strongly reducing.

but what is the reactant of copper wire and the flame of a bunsen burner???? is it just Cu(s) + O2(g) ??????????

PLEASE HELP!!!

Yes, that is the reaction, it will produce what woelen listed above.

Also, this isn't a homework help forums, I believe the best way to learn is to not spoonfeed you answers.

Yes, that is the reaction, it will produce what woelen listed above.

Also, this isn't a homework help forums, I believe the best way to learn is to not spoonfeed you answers.

It's not strictly a homework help forums, but one of its benefits is that it can be. Not sure where you got the idea it's not.

It's not strictly a homework help forums, but one of its benefits is that it can be. Not sure where you got the idea it's not.

I should rephrase: what I meant to say is that these forums can be used as a tool to help people with their homework. However, at least in my opinion, they should not be used with the expectation for other users to complete homework for you.

i knew that is what it was i was merely aksing for reassurance. Can't people have a second opinion on things. I honestly need to be reassured on things there is no reason for you to get rude. I wanted some help. Obviously i knew what i was talking about to the point as to where i asked u if it was right or not? it was totally uncalled for but w/e!

i knew that is what it was i was merely aksing for reassurance. Can't people have a second opinion on things. I honestly need to be reassured on things there is no reason for you to get rude. I wanted some help. Obviously i knew what i was talking about to the point as to where i asked u if it was right or not? it was totally uncalled for but w/e!

You have to realize, however, that for every person who comes on here with legitimate questions and honest curiosity we get ten times as many people who don't want to learn a single thing and only want someone to do their homework for them. As a result, when we see a relatively new poster on these forums who asks a lot of questions that are typical homework questions and asks for/demands an immediate response, it typically reeks of the type of person who only want someone to do their homework and nothing else.

i do admit I have asked for help with homework. I wish people would just give me the answer... i mean who doesn't want to get help with their work from other people some time or another. I have been struggling with some questions and asked for help. I have no one else who I could ask on the weekends. I just ask for help... sometimes people flat out give me the answer... what am I supposed to do really ? I like when I get pointers which help me get to the answer myself because it helps me remember for the next time i need to know that answer. I am new to this so I will be posting about questions from time to time... but i understand how everyone would think i am asking for the answer. Of course I want to know the answer, but I want to get to it myself. I also once getting the answer think it is somewhat wise to ask if I did it correctly. sorry if I make you all think I am just here for homework help... you are only partially right with the assuming. Never assume because it makes an ass of you and me!

It's good to hear that you appreciate pointers more than direct answers, because that is what we are more likely to give you. We don't WANT to assume that someone is just asking for answers and will never return again, but we see a LOT of that on a daily basis and it's frustrating.

Remember; Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life. Give a man a fish and he'll eat for one day.