The God Delusion

Guest Xangopbh

Guest Xangopbh

What does everyone think of the book, 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins?

I've not read it myself, but I'm sure if Richard Dawkins would have read my book first he would have not bothered publishing it. Ha ha!

No disrespect to the man, I think he's very intelligent but certain information is being kept from him in my opinion. I wish he could address my book and make some comments on my findings, I'd love to see how he explains all 400 facts and evidence thats recited in my book.

What do you think?

Cheers

Paul http://uk.geocities.com/paulbryhanson/

This *is* a science forum, so be prepared for criticism.

Your site is visually assaulting. Too many colors makes people want to look elsewhere.

Phrases like, "Some mysteries [note: plural]such as 'The Da Vinci Code' is [note: singular] believed to be true..." show the true reader that you're not a true writer.

"The Ancient Scrolls"? Come on, too tabloid. If you want people like Dawkins to read your book you better drop the Enquirer pitch. "Does this book shed more light on the mystery?" Really, really doubt it. But I'm a skeptic.

Aw and here I thought someone had actually read the book. I've had it on hold for five months and there are still seven people ahead of me!

I hope it's better then the Blind Watchmaker. It has some interesting info in it but he seemed to confuse his audience. Especially the first couple chapters; your average fundy isn't going to appreciate the importance of defining complexity.

He seems to miss several rules from The Elements of Style as well -- he overthinks and explains too much which does nothing more then add useless words. He uses passive a lot, leaves himself forward, overstates his opinions... All in all, it is a very poorly written book.

The God Delusion better be more concise and fun to read.

Guest Xangopbh

400 images and facts that show a completely secretive history then what we are aware of. There are facts that researchers completely ignore, and I have no idea why they don't explain them, instead a lot of the evidecne is discarded because it doesn't fit with timelines or theories. You'll find that all the evidence together fits perfectly with my hypothesis.

The website is a quicky, my brother is a fantasticc webdesigner, he's going to make it look good.

A lot of what Dawkins says is tautalogical arguments, and is all purpose is to prove what he says, but I reckon its more personal then that because is strong bias and hatred for religion shows. Everyone has the right to an opinion though, even if they may be wrong. I suggest to anyone who's wanting to do research to look at both sides and all angles of truth, because if you don't you see a square when really its a cube.

Be open minded - the brain is a lot like a parachute, it doesn't work unless its open.

Paul http://uk.geocities.com/paulbryhanson/

400 images and facts that show a completely secretive history then what we are aware of. There are facts that researchers completely ignore, and I have no idea why they don't explain them, instead a lot of the evidecne is discarded because it doesn't fit with timelines or theories. You'll find that all the evidence together fits perfectly with my hypothesis.

What sort of facts are they? Documents? Unearthed artifacts? Inscriptions from a 1,200 year old "1,001 Facts about Science" book?

Be open minded - the brain is a lot like a parachute, it doesn't work unless its open.

Just be careful. If you're mind's too open, your brain will fall out.

Halfway through reading "the God Delusion" at the moment. But I have to say, it should be compulsory reading for everybody. How anyone could remain religious, or even agnostic after reading this I will never know??? What I like about Dawkin's is that he calls a spade a spade, and doesn't try to accommodate religion in any way, shape or form so as not to offend anyone.

Well, its all great and all, but if everyone took in this kind of pure science view, and considered themselves a figment of their imagination, a bunch of atoms, I think society would turn out pretty f'd up.

Try telling a kid one day when they are old enough to understand, everything about you is just an illusion, one day you'll be dead, and it'll all be over.

Know what I mean?

I'd like to think I can argue with the two sides, Dawkins (science side) and religious, theist side, and show they are both slightly wrong.

The answer I think lies in having both and one day I'll be taking the time to put it together for a book possibly and for discussion.

Who knows if its right, its just what I see...

Funny though, all generations have been false, that should include this one.

"400 facts and images" pitted against how many lifetimes of brilliant historians?

the "da vinci code" contradicts many points which all four gospels agree on so it has far less credibility than most other texts.

aside from that, it was written substantially later than any of the four gospels.

if you want to know "the truth", go and talk to a bunch of experts, eventually, the bias will level out leaving you with what you can safely say is the truth.

books like that are designed to draw cash out of the pockets of the ignorant. they call a spade a front-end-loader and charge double.

400 images and facts that show a completely secretive history then what we are aware of. There are facts that researchers completely ignore, and I have no idea why they don't explain them

What makes them facts? Because you say so?

And if you're not just here to sell something, and you truly have 400 of them to look at, why not paste one or two of them for us to look at?

I reckon its more personal then that because is strong bias and hatred for religion shows.

Considering you're trying to advertise yourself by juxtaposing your book directly against Dawkins', I'd say it's personal for you as well.

Some mysteries such as 'The Da Vinci Code' is believed to be true

The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction. How many other works of fiction do you purport to be fact?

Guest Xangopbh

giantmyers.jpg

This is one artifact that was found mummified. It was on display in Manchester then it was taken to London. After time, some government officials came and paid a large some of money, this was the last time the artifact was seen.

Paul http://uk.geocities.com/paulbryhanson

Can you send me a picture of your tits for that then? (lol)

its.... a mummy ? followed by a link to buy your book? basically what im seeing here is a mummy followed by a link to buy your book. whats the significance of this mummy? you said it was never seen again. are you trying to say youve discovered the mummy's location and put pieces of the mummy into each book? that would be a fact. in a way. well. not really. but it'd be pretty snappy. how many books have you sold?

the "da vinci code" contradicts many points which all four gospels agree on so it has far less credibility than most other texts.

aside from that, it was written substantially later than any of the four gospels.

You think the gospels are credible?

Guest Xangopbh

my book is selling. There's a lot of interesting facts like the giant mummy above in my book. I have a few hypothesis and theories of my own that are worth checking out, because the facts and the evidence fit with the theories. My hypothesis is proved true!

Some evidence is still around what is in my book, not usually in the possesion of museums. But your right there are a few facts that have also been removed from publicity and hidden or lost. It's a mystery! I don't expect anyone to buy my book based on the fabulous site or to make money. I would love to raise enough money so that I can get this stuff out to the masses if anything, but I hope people buy my book for the sole purpose of discovering the truth; hence the title of it!

I will be doing lectures and seminars at some point I'm sure, I'm going to take the ball and run with it.

I like some of the comments on this page though, they are quite funny, its quite entertaining.

Its available on Amazon for £8.62 new books. Which is a bargain seen as it's 436 pages long.

Cheers

Paul http://uk.geocities.com//paulbryhanson

it reads to me like an advertisement that kevin trudeau would employ.

"Inside my book is something so secretive and covert, i may go to jail for telling you this. I have cures... CURES for every disease and ailment out there. just buy my book. inside you can see what 'they' are hiding from you."

then you get the book and it says to cure herpes, yes, cure, Hydrogen peroxide. and thats it. no mention of application, amount, or concentration. just hydrogen peroxide. maybe a mechanism for action too b/c it cures an incurable disease right? Anyway. thats what i get from this book. congrats on your supposed research ethic, but a picture of a mummy with a brief backstory is not elucidating any of our confusion slash questions