Is it unseasonally warm because of global warming?

We can't even prove global warming exists due to anthropogenic sources beyond a doubt, let alone predict the effects that global warming is having on the earth.

Too many variables, not enough information, I beleive.

It seems like everyone is experiencing warm weather. Is global warming to blame?

Well global warming is happening that's a fact. The globe has warmed recently. Thus global warming.

The real question as e-coli alluded to is if anthropogenic activities are to blame for the recently global warming.

Right now the warmth over North America is mainly because of the El Nino over the Pacific Ocean right now.

There may be a connection between El Ninos and global warming, but we don't know for sure.

It was like this last year, too.

I've had just over four feet of snow in the last three weeks, the most accumulation for a similar timeframe in over 100 years. I hear the worst blizzard is coming next week.

I'm getting tired of shoveling all this global warming. :D

Those who complain about global warming causing heat waves are Northern Hemisphere types. Here in the south, we have the opposite problem. We have come out of the coldest winter in many decades. We had iceburgs drifting off our coast. Something that last happened in 1931. I am not kidding!

December, which is officially summer, was the coldest we have experienced for 60 years. Even in Australia, they had snow on the hills in the state of Victoria on Christmas day, which is the height of summer!

weather patterns are more caused from currents and displacements of heat energy, then to atmospheric conditions. as said above, everything including Toronto's nice weather was predicted last summer as El Nino developed.

the current 20 year warming trend is very complicated, but certainly not unexpected. growth time lines from very old trees and sediments from centuries of ice and ocean core samples have indicated cycles that are very much in line with todays pleasant weather.

a few of the science people that lost face over global cooling in the 70's have come back with warming and picked up a few would be political types trying to maintain importance.

the temperature at the highest point to what atmosphere we live in is in the minus degree. at 100 to 250 miles up, where we are not the temps go up and can reach 7-800 degrees F. this warm atmosphere has no idea what we are doing and is controlled by solar activity. this MAY have something to do with what we eventually feel from weather patterns that depend on energy to drive them.

Those who complain about global warming causing heat waves are Northern Hemisphere types. Here in the south, we have the opposite problem. We have come out of the coldest winter in many decades. We had iceburgs drifting off our coast. Something that last happened in 1931. I am not kidding!

December, which is officially summer, was the coldest we have experienced for 60 years. Even in Australia, they had snow on the hills in the state of Victoria on Christmas day, which is the height of summer!

Of course el nino for us in New Zealand means southerlies as highs stay west of us and polar lows fire up our east coast. A consistant weather pattern the last six months. Interspersed in recent 2 weeks by some record heat and humidity.

Extreme temp fluctuations are expected in the temperate zones in a more energetic atmosphere.

silverslith

Several problems with your logic. Sorry.

First : the cold period in the south began long before the beginnings of our present El Nino.

Second : the pattern is, in fact, significantly different to the last (1998) El Nino. Even though that El Nino was far more powerful, the cold effects did not happen then. The current pattern is quite different to 1998.

Well i think it's because of our own vibrational effects. I can explain it with an example:

Let's have a person leaving the home for work. He sees cloudy day going to rain then he thinks of not to have rain today as i have an imp. work to get finished so, he send such a vibration to nature that don't rain.

Now, we have a small child who likes rain he will say do rain in high amount so that, i can enjoy.

So, what should nature do? Should it rain or not? It gets confused as it has to hear everybody. So, I have my viewpoint as we shouldn't in that track and go along the way the nature guides us through. Let the decision be from nature and no involvement of ours at all.

Please tell me if i am wrong!

Thanks.. :)

We're having one of the worst winter storms in history. It's snowed the past four weekends in a row. The first was a record 33" blizzard. It shut down our international airport during the Christmas travel season, and caused 8 hour delays as thousands upon thousands of people tried to get through airport security:

331750884_770a89bfca.jpg

We just set a record of a 115 mph (185 kph) wind gust, and we're pretty deep inland, on the east side of the continental divide.

warm was the weather last year. but on the first month of this year, we are experiencing heavy rains. that's just how it is in the tropics, however, these past couple of years, the weather was pretty weird. It would turn either extremely hot or extremely cold. also, we have experienced some storms recently.