I'm going to attempt to play a game for 24 hours straight.

blackhole123

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade comes out on the 16th. Thats a Tuesday so I can't do it right away, I'll have to wait till Friday. So I'll be playing from around 3 or 4 PM Friday until the same time Saturday.

What do you think, can I do it? It's going to require a lot of energy drinks and hot pockets if I do.

I'm sure you can do it. The question is how will you feel afterwards. I once played 48 hours straight at a LAN party. The actual playing for that amount of time was easy, but trying to move afterwards was not. It took me about half an hour of stretching before I could move enough to carry everything back to my car. My advice would be to take short breaks. Get up and walk around or you might be in pain for the next couple of weeks (like I was lol).

The maximum time I have spent in front of the computer is five hours. I had a terrible headache after that so I wouldn't try it again. But some people have a higher tolerance level. It's really up to you. Have fun:-)

Five hours? *cough*

It can be done, but take breaks to allow your eyes to adjust, muscles to stretch and so on. It's good for you. Nothing fancy, just walk around the chair a bit.

Last time I did that I played HL2 in stereo vision beginning-to-end. I have no idea when I stopped blinking or how often I blinked, but when the game was over and I did finally blink I cursed for minutes.

Another fun stuff was me playing Q2 (I believe) in an Internet/Game cafe with friends (who owned it) so long (with breaks) that when I left and went downstairs my brain was so into-it that for a moment there I saw the world around me go in zig-zag up and down- exactly like the game does when you go downstairs - the screen shakes in a sawtooth movement. Funny, but not repeatable. Incredible how we get sucked into these buggers.

urgh... i've had a 19 hour stint at the computer, trying to get an essay done in time... it's not nice (tho a game should be more fun)

load up on water and carbs (not just caffien and sugar... that'll just screw you up over such a long period).

What do you think, can I do it?
Of course.
It's going to require a lot of energy drinks and hot pockets if I do.
I agree with the others, you'll do it but you'll feel like crap, especially if you eat crap. This is a marathon so treat it like one. Prepare some better food in advance, take breaks to eat and walk around a bit. Remember that no chair (or sofa) is rated for sitting on that long. Treat yourself right.

Maybe ask the cute neighbor across the way to leave her blinds open so you'll have something to get up and refocus your eyes on. :D Very important if you'll be staring at a screen for a long time.

I've play Counter-Strike for like 12 hours, I finished a 12 pack of coke a cola though. Technically I wasn't playing for the last 4 hours, more so subconsciously pushing buttons.

Not one of my prouder moments.