Linear Algebra

i will also offer my services, linear algebra was my favorite course in mathmatics. If you really stay up on top of the class, you will be impressed with how much this subject is inter-connected with itself. That is to say taht what you learn in the first weeks will intimately affect what you are doing in the last weeks. It is way sweet!

I just finished linear algebra. We did: Systems of linear equations and matrices. Determinants. Vector spaces. Inner product spaces. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.

It was pretty easy. Just remember the axioms or rules that are setup, and the rest is a piece of cake.

:)

NSX said in post #5 :

I just finished linear algebra. We did: Systems of linear equations and matrices. Determinants. Vector spaces. Inner product spaces. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.

It was pretty easy. Just remember the axioms or rules that are setup, and the rest is a piece of cake.

:)

I think it's law now that at least one person must ask 'What is the matrix?' when doing Eigenvalues.

Just started a linear algebra course myself; looks quite interesting, apart from the fact that the lecturer is possibly the most boring human being alive, and presents his lectures with as much enthusiasm as a small baked bean would.

Apart from that, it's fine :)

• 2 months later...

Hey there, this is my first post here (as if anyone cares).

Just thought you might like to know that MIT has an excellent resource for Linear Algebra. Their Linear Algebra courseware includes video lectures by Prof. Strang, who also wrote the text they use for that course. Here is the link

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-06Linear-AlgebraFall2002/VideoLectures/index.htm

Well, I hope this helps. It certainly helped me teach myself the subject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...