How do you go about getting your knowledge? Things seem so difficult for me now...

Rexus

I just realized I have OCD and how it plays a rold of me running around in circles without accomplishing anything. You see, sometimes I feel like I should be just reading and skimming fast, getting what I can, and that way I won't get bored. Then sometimes I feel like I wanna go at it slowly to get as much as I can, but I do intend to get bored. What happens is that I keep thinking about these and end up accomplishing nothing! Yelp and post your regimens. Peace

You could go to a doctor to confirm that you have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. If you do, then you can ask the doctor for recommendations and helpful hints on how you can improve your life. He'll probably refer you to another kind of doctor that specialize in your problems.

I'm curious, do you go to school? How old are you?

You could go to a doctor to confirm that you have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. If you do, then you can ask the doctor for recommendations and helpful hints on how you can improve your life. He'll probably refer you to another kind of doctor that specialize in your problems.

I'm curious, do you go to school? How old are you?

I'll book an appointment at a psychiatrist and see what he can do, but I refuse to take medications that fiddle with my nervous system. I'm pretty sure about having OCD though, what with having to arrange everything in symmetrical order (I'd go insane if I don't do it) and getting mad if I make one spelling/grammatical mistake etc. As for school, I already finished. I'm 21 years old and in my second year pharmacy (you can see I've frittered away precious time in between school and college doing nothing).

Do what I do, and what bascule does: Find a book that interests you, and read it. Or, find a Wikipedia article that interests you, and read it.

I've taught myself lots of things I'd never learn in school that way. Books are fairly cheap.

What you're doing is trying too hard, actually. You'd be surprised at what you learn without actually knowing it. A lot of knowledge is picked up doing things other than just hard learning; I don't read to learn, I read to enjoy myself.

I personally find I learn best when I listen. Find anyone and discuss a topic with them. You won't find as much solid factual evidence as a book might provide but you will open your mind up to several points of view.

I think seeing the big picture is more important then knowing exactly how many creases the blade of grass in the middle of the picture has.