Fireworks

Soulja

The big fireworks you see in the air have 4 parts, the container, stars, a bursting charge, and a fuse. The stars are what you see... they're made of mostly of Na, CaCl, SrCl, SrOH, BaCl, and CuCl, which burn with different colors. Some explode loudly, other whistle. Patterns are made by the different arrangements of the explosives, often with a container with multiple parts.

Sulfer is one main ingredients of fireworks. It gives you those nice green or blue flames.

In my opinion fireworks are a waste of raw materials for big business which in turn damages audio and visual aspects of the senses.

I think this is total nonsense. The quantity that is used in fireworks is non comparable with what they use in the industries. The damage made by fireworks is futile. See fireworks as a nice thing that make people feel happy and together on special occasions. It's like the ale in a bar. (>> Also sounds like crap <<)

:bs:

But we could in fact use those resources for other things, that would be more useful.

I do know the damages to the senses are small, but in epileptic people they can trigger seizures.

I just do not approve of WASTING. I hate wasting, so any time i see materials being used for little purpose. I am quick to question.

Entertainment is not a waste. Especially if it constructive for family and children. Since your 15 and want to make a difference Soulja you might want to go mow your folks lawn or pick weeds around the house. Also teenagers take long showers and waste a lot of precious clean water. Every little bit to make the world a better place is worthwhile.

I remember fireworks and family and hamburgers and kids laughing. I don't think they are a waste of time or materials compared to the memories.

Just aman

Originally posted by Soulja

I just do not approve of WASTING. I hate wasting, so any time i see materials being used for little purpose. I am quick to question.

heh. I bet you waste stuff. If entertainment is a waste, then we should get rid of TV, stop listening to music, forget songs and poetry, literature and so on and so forth.

• 11 months later...

recycling methods are constantly being developed by Scientists. I would hazzard to say that a good percentage of these scientist got interested at a very early age by seeing fireworks and questioning them :)

It was certainly a large factor in getting me interested, and most all Chem teachers that I`ve had in the past have Pyro tendancies also :)

• 1 month later...

I can smile more :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):):) :) :) :) :):P

Fireworks are eternally fascinating. Just ask people in hell. I can't wait for 3D microprocessor controlled air detonations. They would be damned expensive right now but someday burning up a PC and a laser distance data sensor in one firework will be doable and affordable,

Just aman

well they`ll waste billions on weapons that have all that stuff in em, why not spend a few quid on same tech that DOESN`T hurt folks? but that`s politics and belongs in another Forum to be honest, not my intention here.

Personaly I`m working on several new firworks :)

one is a tripple axis Red, Green and Blue Catherine wheel (Blue at front as I`ve not perfected a pure brilliant blue composition yet.

I`m using copper Chlorate (homemade), potassium perchlorate, purified charcoal, and dextrin as the binder. I still seem to get sodoiym contamination though :(((

damn I hate sodium ions!

I`ll be using my rice flour stars for my "weeping willow" effect rockets ( YES, I HAVE perfected those) :)

and I`ll be having a bonfire on my garden allotment (electricly ignited) to burn all the weeds and roots :)

To do a wheel I imagine you have precision fusing and charge measurement as your main problems. Doing it would be an art.

Does it get packaged as a ball and have all the projectiles fire at the same time in a triple? Do you need to balance the axis

of each wheel for success. You got my curiosity in overdrive YT.

I see your talking dificulty in getting it to work right but what is the next step, even more difficult in arials.

Just aman

you know, if I didn't have to go to school to get a job later, I'd mozy on over and help YT. Cause I used to try to make fireworks all the time....I just could never figure out how I would get the homemade ingredients, and my chemistry teacher always watched me closely around materials

Aman, no, nothing that complicated m8 :)

this will be a ground based display, a single shaft with 3 wheels on and a tiny tube spacer in between each, i`ll be using quick match fuse to light all 3 simultaniously, with a visco 6 second lead fuse so I can get away, to enjoy it. wheels 1 and 3 will be clockwise, the middle one anti-clockwise (it helps avoid wobble).

Dudde, the ingredients are easy to get and make, gardening strores are the most usefull, pottery/ceramics shops are the next most usefull as you can buy all the raw chem powders from there to produce the colors :)

and what I can`t buy I make in the lab using easily available OTC precursors. If there`s anything in particular you`re interested in, let me know, and I`ll gladly explain how it`s done/made (it`s part of my job as a Producer) there`s no real secrets to it :)

With GPS technology, a good computer, and a lot of positioning sensors, an arial firework could be made with detonations set for set coordinates and you could build a very expensive 3D firework that could be very impressive.

Maybe something that could be sold to somebody really rich although I don't know any of those people. I just would love to see my wifes picture in the sky and if I was rich, I'd buy it.

Just aman

Sounds like a neat effect, but other than using cruise missile technology, I recon a multiple barrage mortar launched shells from the ground would do the job a little cheaper, maybe a flag or something, but a detailed face? I`m not so sure about, perhaps against a wall, that wouldn`t present too many problems if the timing was computer controled, maybe using the waterfall effect for hair etc...?

the air burst shells I do with the "weeping willow" stars could easily be converted to a horizontal fountain/waterfall, it would look quite convincing if she had brown hair in the pic, sodium or strontium doping for all other colors `cept Black, you`de need highlights only to define the unused areas, giving the illusion of black hair.

It`s all good fun :)