XBox 360 Question

cessna7686

Hey,

I'm trying to decide on whether or not to buy a xbox 360/PS3 or perhaps a better gaming computer. Does anyone know whether or not you can play pc games on the 360 if you have the premium version (the one with the hard drive). I know it runs on windows, or at least some version of windows, but I don't know whether it would allow you to install games on it. I really want to play flight simulator X but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

I heard the P3 was real disappointment, but I haven't played it so I don't know.

I have seen videos for the main launch games. I'd decide what console to get by looking at the games, and xbox 360 has Gears of War and Halo 3 out next year. I'd go 360.

And me and my brothers waited in line for the Wii, it's awesome!

Sounds like pc games are out of the picture on the 360...does anyone happen to know if they plan to release Flight Simulator X for the 360? I've done a fair share of searching and can't find anything though my work does block a lot of gaming sites (it's been a slow day).

And me and my brothers waited in line for the Wii, it's awesome!

The Wii would be awesome for boxing games, it would be the sloe factor for me in buying one. Unless of course the power and speed is controlled by the character, not you, which would be as boring as pushing a button.

But Cessna, are you in a hurry to get a console? why not wait and look for a mag that lists all the upcoming projects to see if either console has a game you'd fancy.

Sounds like pc games are out of the picture on the 360...does anyone happen to know if they plan to release Flight Simulator X for the 360? I've done a fair share of searching and can't find anything though my work does block a lot of gaming sites (it's been a slow day).

I have a 360,and I love it. I don't think there will be any thing like 'Flight Simulator X' for it though. After all it is a console. I have seen lots of steering wheels, but not anything that looks like flight controls. If that's what you'll be playing primarily then beef-up or get a new PC. From what I've read about the new FS it will cripple your run-of-the-mill gaming PC.

I can confirm that you can't put a PC game in the 360 premium or not.

I went with the 360. It is rumored there is a key board in the making. And with Garage Games' free, game making software comming out on the 10th, it is another reason to get the 360.

PC mag compared specs. And in float point units it had the 360 as 1 teraflop compared to the PS3 2 teraflop. The Wii's flops weren't in the chart. If anyone has read this in PC Magazine or knows the specs please post them.

From the youtube comments:

This has to be fake, almost everything they say in those clip is 100% wrong... I think they did it as a joke to see people's replies.

The thing about Microsoft and Sony is that Microsoft make sure they give their developers the entire spec way in advance, and make sure they know how to use it, so that they can get their lead titles out with (or close to) the console launch.

Sony, on the other hand, move with patience and care. They have consistently shown with the PS platform family that the best titles will not all be squished next to the launch date. You will not see the PS3 hardware being really pushed to its limits by game developers for about a year.

Have to say, I have a wii... and I love it. I love it more than my friends x-box 360... and I hear PS3 is a big dissapointment.

The people at my local GameStop say the following:

Wii: Revolutionary controler means you actually feel like you're in the game. Down side? You have to actually work to beat a game... it's not button mashing anymore, it's how fast and how accuratly you can point and aim at the screen and swing the remote around. This is a plus for some, and a minus for others...

PS3: Sony has a tendancy to suck on it's systems right out of the gate. It happened with PS1 and PS2 that they had to make a "newer" version because the old one had too many problems. As somewhat of proof of this, Sony released a patch for the PS3 the day after it released, which you could download IF you had a High Speed connection, or send it to Sony and get it back in 6-8 weeks. This shows that they knew things were wrong and went ahead with the launch anyway. Either that or they have a REALLY good support department.

360: Microsoft releases everything right away. Plus side, that means that most of the best games that will ever be on the 360 are out right now. down side, there isn't much room for growth.

Summing up:

360 wins out of the box, because they have the best... right now.

Wii wins in the middle game, because xbox will be "coming down" and Playstation will still be developing.

In the homestrech for the NEXT next gen systems... Playstation will take the cake...

Long story short, get a 360, or if money is an issue a Wii is almost as good (and will be good longer).

EDIT: adding the the PS3 comments... Sony has already announced that they are making a "revamped" system coming out about a year after the original release... They did this before the PS3 launched... and... well, they knew things were going to go wrong, so instead of fixing them and releasing a great system later, they released a crappy one sooner.

ps3 can cure cancer its so the shit. the games for wii look immature and lacking depth. xbox is meh. the competition, if any, will be the previous rivalry with microsoft and sony. the ps3 is heaven. i unplug it at night and we hold hands and fall asleep looking at each others eyes until they shut and we think about each other.

From the youtube comments:

This has to be fake, almost everything they say in those clip is 100% wrong... I think they did it as a joke to see people's replies.

The thing about Microsoft and Sony is that Microsoft make sure they give their developers the entire spec way in advance, and make sure they know how to use it, so that they can get their lead titles out with (or close to) the console launch.

Sony, on the other hand, move with patience and care. They have consistently shown with the PS platform family that the best titles will not all be squished next to the launch date. You will not see the PS3 hardware being really pushed to its limits by game developers for about a year.

Kevin and Alex wouldn't do that :D

I've noticed that trend since even PS one. The final fantasy series I think showcased that well. The Xbox/PS showdown was pretty close, The Xbox had far more power based on the advertised specs, yet still...Then add in alot of the plus sides of the PS2, DVD/backward compatibility, NORMAL friggin controller, and great games, it was obviously a better choice in my opinion.

So I patiently wait.

I plan to buy a Wii. I've read reviews from people who purchased both a Wii and PS3 or 360, and they said the Wii makes the other systems seem very boring. Even though some people say the Wii doesn't have great graphics, I think the new Zelda game looks amazing.

ps3 can cure cancer......

*really fast voice*Disclamer: The ps3's actual cancer curing abilities are appromiatly equal with the cancer curing powers of that piece of tape sitting on the floor next to you. Side effects may include carpel tunnel syndrome and seizures.

Edit Disclaminer: Sony does not assume responsibility for side effects.

I plan to buy a Wii. I've read reviews from people who purchased both a Wii and PS3 or 360, and they said the Wii makes the other systems seem very boring. Even though some people say the Wii doesn't have great graphics, I think the new Zelda game looks amazing.

The Wii just isn't HD.

Sony wanted to pull another Dreamcast on the Xbox 360. When the PS2 came in, it was so much better than the dreamcast that even though the dreamcast had sold really well people just stopped buying them. The PS2 was just that amazing.

The problem now is that PS3 isn't any better than the Xbox 360, costs a lot more, and doesn't have any killer games. The internet gaming still isn't there like it is in Xbox Live, and Blu-Ray is losing ground.

I hate Microsoft as much as everyone else, but I recognize a superior product (relative to price) when I see it. They've made some crappy stuff (the zune, etc.) and could quite possibly be evil (let's not forget the Sony's root kitting CDs or their exploding batteries), but the Xbox 360 is what it is.

Almost as good as a Wii.