Copper Sugar???

YT2095

after much thought abouts Fafs comments in post #5' date=' and other than it being completely true, I set about finding out what SOME of these 5000 odd chems were, here`s the hypothesis I formulated that would SEEM to fit (though the details chemicaly I`ve not worked out as of yet).

amongst the chems listed was the metal Lead!

and I know also that Vigigar (acetic acid) is often used in the curing proccess of tobacco. there is a chem known as Sugar of Lead (Lead Acetate) in fact it was used by the French to sweeten wine many many years ago! (yuck!).

I`m wondering now, if somehow these conbustion products combine to form sugar of lead, in the presence of Copper Ions as a result of a displacement reaction?

(although it doesn`t explain why other more reactive metals don`t have the same effect?)

anyone think that sounds about right or have any further input, please let me know :)[/quote']

Lead Acetate

POISON! DANGER! MAY BE FATAL IF SWALLOWED, INHALED OR ABSORBED THROUGH SKIN. SUSPECT CANCER HAZARD. MAY CAUSE CANCER. Risk of cancer depends on level and duration of exposure. CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. NEUROTOXIN. AFFECTS THE GUM TISSUE, CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, KIDNEYS, BLOOD AND REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM.

i think you should put your experiment on hold

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys seems good about discussing about the GCSE examinations, but for me, from HK, i think that a 100% for the chemistry paper and a form two (Or called secondary two, or whatsover, i don't know what the others call it) on'won't surprise you...(Sorry for being so proud)