Exterminating White People As A Solution

ParanoiA

I don't really mind being the Bad Guy or even laughed at, seeing as I usually express my objections as light hearted as possible; just so long as those around me know I am 'right' not 'white'.

aguy2

And I hope you don't think I didn't get your point though...it's just that black people seem to have dropped that pc issue a long time ago...perhaps for practical reasons as well?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I hope you don't think I didn't get your point though...it's just that black people seem to have dropped that pc issue a long time ago...perhaps for practical reasons as well?

Yes. I see the genesis of American racial terminology thusly: in the 50's normal usage was 'white/negro'. In the 60's negro was replaced by the term 'black', and for some time we had a 'white/black' dichotomy, and starting in the 80's 'African/American' or 'Afro/American' became a more and more common usage.

Speaking as an American I don't think any of us should miss the 'white/black' dichotomy with all its semantic connotations. European/American and African/American may be a bit more awkward, but it is a lot more accurate, a lot less confrontational, and maybe soon replaced by the inclusive term '200 year American'.

aguy2