Dreams More Real Than Life

big ez

Hi there,

I am new to this place. I am not sure if this has been gone over before. If it has kindly point me to where I need to go to look this up. I have looked up Lucid dreaming and this doesn't seem to fit in to it completely, but it may be a form of it.

I have dreams that I remember on a nightly basis. All of my dreams seem to be powered by an emotion. When I wake in the morning I still feel that emotion. If the dream was sad, I feel sad for part of the day, if it was happy I am in great spirits. There is always music playing in my dreams. I always wake up singing a song that came from my dream.

In my dreams there are usually a lot of people, a lot of times they are people I do not know. I see them as I would in everyday life. Their features are normal features, doing normal everyday things, I can also hear their conversations every now and then, in passing by like I would in every day living. My dreams are all real bright colors. I can feel the breeze blow if there is a breeze in my dreams. I can even smell smells. If I am in the woods or the country it smells like the woods or country. In the city, the same thing. The only difference I can tell between waking and dream is the vibrant colors (everything seems brighter) and there is constant music in the background. In my most re-occuring dream I am being chased by someone or something that has magical powers/ a ghost/the devil/ something evil. I can fly run fast, etc. In my dream though I know it cannot catch me. When I come to doors I know which ones to open, which paths to choose. I feel like I have been there before, or have seen this episode before, so I know the outcome. I don't necessarily feel I have control over what happens in my dreams. I just know I won't be caught because I know what is going to happen.

Another dream I have continuously is that I am driving or riding with someone in a pickup and we are driving out of control. Usually on a slick road. I or the driver (depending if I am driving or not) usually steps on the brakes and we slide completely out of control. We slide off the road and the pickup turns upside down, and we fall off a giant cliff. I close my eyes in the dream knowing that I am going to die. Miraculously the pickup stops on its top on a high point of land in the middle of the void and we don't die. Someone comes from outside of the pickup and gets us out. But, before they rescue me and I can see who it is I wake up. I was just curious to see if anyone could let me know what kind of dreams these are, and if there are any kind of meanings behind them. Also, is there a way that I can keep from waking up before I see who it is that is pulling me from the pick up. Again all of this is real, even feels more real than when I am awake.

Wow! I don't know anything about dreams. But my father used to argue about whether dreams can be colored or not. He says they can't be. But I often dream of vivid images. I also have dreams that repeat the next night and dreams that have a continuation. They say, if you will not recall after waking up what you have just dreamed within 10 minutes, you would forget about it.

Hello

Sure I'll give a stab at dream analysis. Firstly some researches believe dreams are the results of primary emotional states that are repressed by higher brain functions. You like other animals have a more primal brain, sometimes called your 'lizard brain' that gives you emotions. Love, Hate, Sadness...etc. During developement of humans we need to repress these base emotions at times.

Example: I hate my boss and wish to drown them. But your higher functions tell you this is a bad idea, as prison is not the most enjoyable of venues.

However that primal emotion of hate is still there inside your head gnawing away. So the brain developed the ability to dream as a way of dealing helping to regulate these emotions.

So now you have a dream of some huge bloated pig that follows you about screaming obcenties at you, suddenly your at the beach and a whaling ship is sitting there. You climb aboard and harpoon the pig towing it out into a sea of blue cement (heck your dreaming here), and sink down the pig.

Dreams can cause reactions in the body just as is it was really happening. Hence the pent up anger and hatred you had, and the desire to comit harm is fulfilled. Your body accepts this and you feel relief and more calm.

Now for your particular dreams.

#1) Since you can see no imbodiment of what is after you, most likely it is not a specific person in real life causing you this concern. Most likely I'd guess you are concerned over certain situations in your life. This is why you can not run or fly away from them no matter how hard you try.

The deja vu' sense you have is from such issues having been present in your life before. The doors represent choices you have to remedy these problems, with your ability to choice the right door indicating your mind feels you've made the correct choice in the past; or that you instinctively know what is the correct choice, and your lizard brain is telling you to make it regard less of what your higher brain might think.

2) The driving dream: driving indicates you are trying to get to something(place, person..) or away from same. Whether driver or passenger indicates the level you feel in control of the situation. Icy road, well things are getting out of hand and you fear it will get away from you. Hence the crash. However you do not die, but saved at the last moment, but again no specific person saves you, indicating belief something will save you from what your running from; or help you get what your running to.

Final analysis of subject type. Mostly an optomistic person, however tends to be a worrier over most matters, and perhaps over thinks situations. Yet this is balanced by a degree of belief subject shows in themselves and the world around them as to their ability to manage situations.

No comital recogmended at this time.

Patient reports bouts of vivid dreams, suggest researching aboriginal concepts of Dream Time.

Mr D

'Hey who put this jacket on me, and why are these walls so soft'.

My experience would suggest that there is no face that saved you... the mental processes involved in attempting to create a face of great importance end up activating too much of your brain and you wake up.

Next time, don't think about who it is, ignore the person. Later in your dream you'll get a quick glance and by then your mind will have chosen a face to put there.

That's right.... the best time to analyse a dream is when you're awake! ;)