Experiments forum

We'll gladly make more if you want them. Which other forums would you like it for?

well, I'm doing an experiment in microbiology, but it seems silly to make a whole board for one person. I could just as easily make posts in the general microbio board. I understand that probably more people do chem experiments (say at home) than microbiol.

I think the Your Experiment section should be left for Chemistry only. There are not that many physics experiments discussed here, and those which are posted within the relevant subforum.

Having a General > Your Experiment forum is too general and could be confusing. Whereas if a new member came along and saw, under Chemistry, a Your Experiments subforum it would be perfectly clear.

However I like the new home page a lot. It put a smile on my face to see it back in place... ok, that's sad isn't it?! But still, it's a great "face" of our community and it looks very impressive.

We could do a general Experiments board instead of just a specific Chemistry one.

I think there should be a general experiments board, and if there are enough experiments in chemisty then you should make an additional board for just chemisty.

• 2 months later...

Hello people.

I'm new in this forum:-) , and I want to ask for suggestions>

I have to do science project for honors chemistry.

and i'm thinking of doing experiment.

I already came up with a few ideas but your suggestion would help me.

I'm thinking of doing exploding paste, ammonium dichromate volcano or

H2O2+KI in soapy water.

Can anybody suggest me which one better to do:confused: , or better, tell me more ideas.

Thanks

Anvar

• 3 weeks later...

well I hear a LOT of moaning and complaints here!

and No action beyond this, EVEN WHEN there`s an Open book (and has been for a few years now) in the General Science thread.

I`ve posted 3 Great Challenges, across all science areas and yet NO-ONE! other that us Chemists has ever taken part in them???

Show some Interest first, Take Part! and then you have grounds for dispute, until then....

stop whining!

• 3 weeks later...
well I hear a LOT of moaning and complaints here!

and No action beyond this, EVEN WHEN there`s an Open book (and has been for a few years now) in the General Science thread.

I`ve posted 3 Great Challenges, across all science areas and yet NO-ONE! other that us Chemists has ever taken part in them???

Show some Interest first, Take Part! and then you have grounds for dispute, until then....

stop whining!

i have an interest, but i dont know how to make batteries or lightbulbs : (

Hi there y?T2 095 ?(g)©all. I can see i'm in the line of fire and to tell you the truth i can't rightly remember the valencies of sulpate, because im 46y old and the lat time i was tuned in godly to radicals was 1973 when i was 12 y old, oh yes and another yes a considered amount of chemistry words and structural depictions have been renamed and reaDRAW more acurratly. Like i say in all this confusion in the `Penguin Dictionary Of Science!!! I cant rightly remember C'gal your liberty valencíes of galcium, oops! Íts been renamed as oxidation numbers curtesy of the 2004 edition compared to the early 70,s edition i learned when I was 12y. Your saying there is no 2! in plain chalk(teacherstalk) Gall we really need (two)to) plain talk! lol!: 04 331 911 05 International roming!homing!lol!`home in pitch' im a tele of ten yers expertease and capbable of a coherent of 300 wpm, Beware! Enter if YOUR in contention!!!;) Are you feeling LUCKY GAL???

I hardly understood a word of that?????

and hardly see where Age comes into it in anyway, I`m 40 myself.

IF you`re on about what I think, then it`s about Calcium Sulphate yes?

well it`s pretty easy to remember, sulphuric acid is a Dibasic acid, so it will take either 2 of Group 1 elements or 1 of group 2 elements, calcium is group 2 :)

To all moaners and whiners, let's talk a little less about science and DO more science.

First DO and then talk! SFN needs more people who actually DO science and then the talking will follow automagically.

To all moaners and whiners, let's talk a little less about science and DO more science.

First DO and then talk! SFN needs more people who actually DO science and then the talking will follow automagically.

I second this.

I quite like the idea of a science blog forum, where people who do experiments can have a thread and keep people uptodate about what they're doing, suggested it a while ago to people on IRC (which more people should use), can't really remember the responce, I then forgot about it...

Also from what I hear from whispers is that there is little point discussing this here.