What Do You See?

herme3

Here is a picture of the background image I used on one of my web sites:

picture.jpg

It is supposed to be blue with navy stripes. I can see it very clearly on my LCD monitor, but it appears to be solid black on my other computer with a CRT monitor. The only way I can see it is if I turn the brightness on the monitor to almost 100%. I think this is strange, because other images do not appear too dark on my CRT monitor. What does your monitor show when you look at the picture I posted above?

I see an alternate-dimensional version of New York inhabited by anthropomorphic puppies being consumed by a nuclear mushroom cloud as George Bush and the cast of Loony Toons riverdance in the background. Or horizontal stripes of two alternating blue hues. Could be either, too close to tell.

I see an alternate-dimensional version of New York inhabited by anthropomorphic puppies being consumed by a nuclear mushroom cloud as George Bush and the cast of Loony Toons riverdance in the background. Or horizontal stripes of two alternating blue hues. Could be either, too close to tell.

Come back after the acid's worn off :)

Give it up insane, my Monkey Island reference was way better. ;)
Actually, insane_alien wins for brevity, AzurePhoenix is second for creativity, and you're last for being whiney. Not that this is a contest or anything.

insane_alien wins a trip to Scotland, AzurePhoenix will receive a life-sized poster of George Bush with his mentor Wile E. Coyote and Gilded gets a set of steak knives.

I clearly see navy and black diagonal lines... however if I stare at it for awhile it becomes black. Some kinda optical illusion... O.o

Wow, you are right! If I stare at it for a while on my LCD monitor, it appears to go from blue and navy stripes to all navy. When I blink my eyes, I can see the stripes again. I've never tried staring at it before.

Of course, it is very late at night (actually early in the morning) and everything looks like an optical illusion at the moment.

It also depends on the angle between your eyes and the monitor.

If I move down, so the monitor is pointing above my head then it seems all black. The higher above the monitor I go, the lighter it all becomes. And whether I slouch or not does make a bit of a difference.

But normally I'd see grey stripes on blue background.