1,2,3,4,5,6. E.S.P Experiment!

YT2095

Here`s the idea, I want ALL who read this, to think of the individual nubers !, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 for next Saturdays lottery in the UK at 8:50 pm is the draw :)

I`m going to put those numbers on my ticket, I want you all to WILL them to appear, bear with me, I know it sounds a bit screwball!

an experiment was done in a TV studio some years back, they were given (the audience) a set of numbers to WILL for the appearance of, it worked at 87% (well above probability!)

I wish to test this for myself, and want some volunteers/helpers.

IF we DO win the big one (jackpot) all will have an equal share of the money, this money will only goto the serious ones! email me on saturday at 8pm UK time letting me know your thinking of the 6 numbers, anything after 8:40 will be discounted if we win.

since this site is Global and with many users worldwide I thought I`de put this notice of the experiment out early so all may read (not everyone comes on here daily).

It will certainly be interesting to see if this experiment really DOES work, or if it was just a random occurance the 1`st time?

think: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 .

lets see if we can make this hypothesis pay! :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 2 3 4 5 6

Yup, I can and will do that. I can take a few minutess out of my marathon (11 1/2 days of gaming) to try and advance this theory in the name of science.

Count me in (but don't think of me, that'll mess it up )

well, count me in too

*starts meditating on the numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 to appear, in that order, on the UK lottery on the 27th of december.*

how exactey do they chose the numbers? that way we from different time zones can imagine those numbers being drawn in that order, as opposed to just being on the ticket.

LOL, naah, I think if I did we all would, as the cash will be divided equaly. it`s too easy to disprove if I`m telling lies, the numbers are available for all to see, and this thread is stored on a database, and your emails have to go through my ISP and they keep logs too. and you have my word!

Iglak, the order isn`t that important, any order as long as it`s those 6 numbers will be great :)

So Eastern time is GMT-5:00 and here in Nebraska I got GMT-6:00.

It would be fascinating to see how it turned out if the whole world cared. In this experiment the rest of the world is the control group. Remember that if this works, in order to validate this experiment it must be repeatable.

Just aman

I agree wholeheartedly. if you like, this is kind of a repeat of a prior experiment done in a studio, and the timing was perfect as was the coordination, if it`s only a few numbers that win and there`s a return (about 15 dollars US) for 3 numbers, that cash will go towards further experimentation. above that (4 to 5 numbers) same thing, experimentation but other areas and Blike gets half for a new server. hit the Big One! we all get a slice that emails me during that time window (it`s the only way I can be sure that you participated and didn`t forget).

if you (or anyone else) can see a way to either coordinate this or make it a fairer method/test, please let me know, all reasonable ideas will be considered :)

YT2095 said in post #7 :

Iglak, the order isn`t that important, any order as long as it`s those 6 numbers will be great :)

ah, okay. see, i live in a different time zone,and i have almost no idea about how the UK lottery works. so, how are the numbers picked?

the reason i am asking is that if we just imagine the numbers on that little piece of paper, then as soon as you get the lottery ticket, all we are doing is helping those 6 numbers stay on that piece of paper .

and if we just imagine the 6 numbers, then they could appear anywhere: 1 package of bread, 2 carrots, 3 potatoes, 4 tomatoes, 5 bananas, and a 6 pack of pepsi. that's not going to help the lottory very much .

but if we imagine the numbers being picked, no mistakes can be made.

Iglak, they are balls with numbers on, and in a machine similar to that used in Bingo.

Gene: on that date and time mentioned, email me to let me know you`re concentrating on those numbers. I`ve no idea if it will work with a small number of people or even work at all if the whole planet were trying? that`s partly the purpose of this experiment, as for "Psychic" energy, it is allegedly suposed to use that, yes :)

I was thinking the earlier you start with it, how greater the chance that the numbers will somehow turn up.

(idea based Chaos theory)

People*preparetime=Chance ??

I don't believe in direct contact or anything that would be able to influance it like a controller. But I don't deny the possibility of some kind of ripple effect of your actions that makes random less random.

Hmmm .12 noon doesn`t sound quite right to me, you`re so many hours ahead of GMT I think?

here`s a way to cheat though, compliments of ScienceForums, if you goto your UserOptions section on this site, set your time to GMT, then you`ll be sure of getting it right ;)

Correct me if I am wrong. I am supposed to think of those 6 digits in any order and it's supposed to be the right one to win a lottery !! :confused:

BizzZZZZare idea for a scientific experiment. 87% just kinda sounds like a fluke - I mean (not being sarcastic or anything) there's isn't any scientific reason for that - is there?

I mean it is the rule of probability that if you perform an experiment a countless number of time (infinite if possible) - then the number of the occurance of each possible result will be the same. And the fact that those numbers came up in that TV show souds like that it just happened to be their lucky day that the result matched. (probabilty inside probability) :confused:

Don't ya get it. It's the machines that are making us believe. :P

COUNT ME IN

ok, for a start ALL 6 numbers have to come out!

there are 49 balls, and the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 must be the 6 random balls to come out (any order).

my email addy is easily found on here in my user stats or on my website with the "Contact Me" button. but it`s:

yt2095@tiscali.co.uk

the odds are roughly 1 in 14 million against it happening (no fun if it`s easy). I wish to establish if it WILL make a difference at all, I`ll be running this experiment weekly (if we don`t win the 1`st time) for a period of 10 weeks. it`ll cost non of you a penny, I`ll be paying for the tickets, all I ask is that you concentrate at the right time on the prior mentioned numbers turning up in the machine :)

for easy of memory and posting, I`ll keep the numbers the same for the 10 week test, the email is only proof of participation on the off chance that we win :)

as for "Scientific Reason" well that`s what I wish to establish, Was it fluke? is one of them :)

if there is a minor win, THEN I`ll change the numbers again after the 10 trials and try to establish some probability with the help of some of the SFN math guys, but for now, I`m just seeking the Data :)

Kedas I would, however my website is courtesy of a few favors I cashed in and the help of a few friends also, my HTML understanding is practicaly non existant, However I SHALL be online here at the time the numbers are being called out (where possible) so in IRC would be a good place to be, I can type them live as it happens :)