Gravity has arrived

Dogmaf

I have found amongst religious types that if they can't answer the question they attack first the question then the questioner.

truth seeker my ass. you ignore evidence. you dodge questions. you see that reality deviates from you own little world inside your head and you crawl deeper into your shell.

i just don't like seeing people do this. its depressing that people will ignore facts to avoid upsetting their world view. you may truely be a lost cause.

Quite. Bring back the inquisition and the thought police.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correction to earlier post; I posted this rather prematurely.

I'm sorry but unless I am sadly mistaken you are arguing that evidence is proof of existence.

It should have read;

I'm sorry but unless I'm sadly mistaken you are arguing that evidence is proof of existence simply because it is evidence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you refer to 'inquisition' and 'thought police' they are my own, believe me.

If I offended you in any way beyond the use of them then I appologise unreservedly.

stop putting words in my mouth. get back on topic

I suspect we have exhausted the topic unless you have anything to add. I don't want to offend anyone.

Let me sow some seeds in your brain as you pass this way and see whether they fall on fertile ground or stone.

If I could prove the non-existence of gravity could scientists ever hold their heads up again?

If I could prove the non-existence of god could Jews, Christians or Muslims ever hold their heads up again?

If I could prove the non-existence of anything wouldn’t that be something?

Remember. It is impossible to prove that something doesn’t exist. Therefore, the onus is on those who make a claim to PROVE their claim and not just expect everyone to believe like lambs or sheep. Don’t expect faith, explain and prove.

That’s not too much to ask. IS IT?

:D :D :D

if you count a bunch of books that have been bastardized over the millenia for political and sociological agendas as evidence then your still wrong.

I guess I missed this one earlier but, I hope I never get you on my Jury. Evidence is evidence right or wrong whether or not you like it. I didn't insult your evidence, I just asked you to explain it.

i ain't religious.
I may be alone in this however I define Religion as 'a system of belief'.

If what you believe is your religion then your religion is what you believe.

Science is very much a Religion in every sense. Genesis describes the creator, the creation, and the rules of the creation. Science describes the method of creation, the creation and the laws of creation. As I see it, not so different. And yet strangely, they both suffer from the same flaws, one of which is 'arrogant certainty' or a belief in their own infallibility and they are both equally dangerous to mankind.

:cool:

truth seeker my ass. you ignore evidence. you dodge questions. you see that reality deviates from you own little world inside your head and you crawl deeper into your shell.

i just don't like seeing people do this. its depressing that people will ignore facts to avoid upsetting their world view. you may truely be a lost cause.

I wasn't aware I'd ignored anything. Your evidence didn't satisfy and it still doesn't. If you read back you will find that I make no claims beyond 'I suspect' and actually, I quite like my shell. As for ignoring facts I can say the same about you. For me the ability to explain is the best evidence of understanding. If your explanation can't be understood then it doesn't work as an explanation. My world view as you put it is extremely flexible it's just that I'm no longer gullible. And lastly, we may both be lost causes, after all are only fallible humans aren't we? Well I am anyway.