Printing in UltraViolet Ink.... help!?!?

1145climber

Hey. I just got an ultraviolet flashlight for realll cheap off ebay, and have been playing around with it recently... i can tell it's a piece, but it works for most things...

anyway, ive been wondering, is there anyway to print in ultraviolet ink? like, using a computer printer? i think it'd be so incredibly cool to print out full messages or pictures from the computer that only show up under blacklight/UV...

so far, the only idea ive had is to buy one of those refillable ink cartridges... and buying a few ounces of ultraviolet ink (availible in a few places online), and filling the ink cartridge with that ink... of course, the UV ink isnt meant for printer cartridges, so i dont know if it'd work or not... but its an idea...

anyone know of a way to print in UV ink that's usually invisible to the naked eye?

P.S. - sorry if this is in the wrong forum, i had no idea where to put it...

General Science is a good place to post something like this.

UV ink does exist and is often used for security on tickets, money and passports etc. I know in the UK that notes (money) all have things printed on them in UV ink. The £10 note only has "10" printed on it, but I'm sure £20 note had something more interesting, but I don't have one to hand.

So where to buy, try google, I came up with this:

http://www.fxsupply.com/uv_ink/uv_ink.html

when Google-ing for UV printer cartridges remember to ensure that they will fit inside your standard printer!

Alternatively the idea of refilling an old printer cartridge with UV ink sounds a good idea. Whilst there may well be a bit of left over ink, I think it should work quite well. Just my thought! Don't hold me to it!