Need a Writing forum

Primarygun

I always want to improve my writing and I'm still inept at writing a good essay.

I want to change the type of sentence, probably by the structure in a more humorous way.

Is there any forum comprising a lot of helpers willing to rewrite a sentence or a paragraph for me if there's a request?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

- http://www.englishforums.com/

- http://humanities.byu.edu/rhetoric/silva.htm (Known as "The Forest of Rhetoric")

- Writingforums.com

Use the first website to improve grammar, spelling, and many other things.

I recommend The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language for improving your grammar. The book can be expensive, but it can later be used as an authoritive reference guide. The book has over 1500 pages. I would buy one, but I keep checking it out from the library; therefore, I don't need to buy it. If you can read through that book, understand it, and practice what it preaches, then you'll have a good grasp on grammar. (p-p-g-g-g)

Use the second website to browse through rhetorical figures and help your understanding of rhetoric.

Rhetoric is simply style. It's the way style is used on an audience to obtain a particular effect. Also, as you become more of a rhetorician, you'll understand what that "p-p-g..." stuff was about.

Use the third website to have people evaluate your usage of rhetoric and style.

I'm more of a cryptic/macabre writer:

It was a cold and bitter night. The screen in the backroom was still on the ground, and I hadn't figured out how to put it back into place. I was left with the bitter, cold winter. Yet the electric heater by my bedside gave me warmth. I lived in the basement, and I often figured I was secure. There were bugs and spiders, but there weren't ladders that could fall on me or things like that. I considered the basement to be a pretty safe place.

Of course, as I fell asleep that night, I kept the electric heater on. I usually keep the electric heater on at night. It keeps me warm, of course. And I remember waking up to a really warm blanket. The really warm blanket was hot, and there was a red and orange glow. My whole arm was burning up, and blood was covering the blanket. The skin was peeling off, and the room smelled like ham. "This was a dream," I thought. Of course, pain is never a dream. I had fallen out of bed, hit my head banged hard on the cement ground, and .... ... .. .

That only took me about one minute to make.