Quotes!!! Lets make a BIG collection!

jvanhalderen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been studying the moon for many years' date=' and have discovered that it is actually made of cheese, and it is actually the earth's repulsion to the smell that is holding it up, and hance Newton is completely wrong. If newton is wrong then Einstein must be wrong as well. NASA has never actually been there, and the US Government is supressing this information, as it would prove the existance of aliens since they are the only peple who could make such a large amount of cheese. I defy anyone to prove me wrong, and I would wager my life on it.[/quote']...nice...

• 3 weeks later...

"i could soar like an eagle but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" - anon

"there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those that don't." - anon

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix - Please don't drink and derive" - My old math teachers bumper sticker

• 2 months later...

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.

~Albert Einstein

I'd rather be rich than stupid.

--Jack Handy

Only in a crowd is one truly alone

--IanMalcolm

Friends are only friends when it suits them

--Cpt. A.J. Rimmer

Friends are only friends when it suits them

--Cpt. A.J. Rimmer

CAPTAIN!?!?!?!?! When was Rimmer Captain? He was the second lowest ranking memebr of that ship (only second to Lister)

Anyway...

"But Lisa, maybe if I'm a part of that mob I can steer it in wiser, better directions. Now, where's my giant foam cowboy hat and airhorn?" ~Homer Simpson

"Attempted murder, now honestly, what is that? DO they give the nobel prize for attempted chemestry?" ~Sideshow Bob

"I have, uh, just learned that many of you are stroking guns. So I will, uh, step aside and open the floor." ~Mayor Quimby

I'm offering you my body and you're offering me semantics?"

-- Caitlin Bree

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."

--Joe E Lewis.

If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead already?

- - - Cynthia Heimel

I think gods don't smite people anymore because people

of many different religions now live in the same town.

No god wants to accidentally smite the wrong person and

get sued by another god."

• 2 months later...

"Wow, I'm in NO condition to drive.... hey wait, I'm drunk, I shouldn't listen to myself!" -Homer Simpson

Lisa: "Ewww... Dad this is blood!" Homer: "Correction Lisa: Free blood!"

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

Conversation with me and a friend, discussing nutrition...

Friend - so what if you were on the Atkins diet, but you added some carbs to your meal and other foods from each food group?

Me - uhhhh... a balanced diet.

When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere! 216 steps from the sidewalk to your apartment, 216 seconds you spend riding the elevator; you've chosen 216 and you will find it everywhere in nature! But Max, as soon as you disregard scientific rigor, you're no longer a mathematician: you're a numerologist.[/Quote]

Sol is awesome :)

This always sticks in my mind from atinymonkey...

Oh God. What in the infinite name of the granulated bones of Christ are you doing?

from this thread here...(which is hilarious IMO)

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13615

From Family Guy...there's so many to choose from but this ones short and sweet...

Peter Griffin : Brian, there's a message in my Alpha Bits. It says 'OOOOOO'

Brian Griffin : Peter, those are Cheerios.

• 4 weeks later...

"the only way to make yourself feel good is to make someone else feel bad. and im tired of making other people feel good" - homer simpson

"i dont know half of you half as well as i should like, and i like less than half of you half as well as you deserve" - Bilbo baggins

"our days are numbered and our time runs fast, and all our deeds are but a breath of wind: - gilgamesh

Some might remember this speech used in the film Coach Carter -

[quote name='Marianne Williamson - A Return To Love: Reflections on

the Principles of A Course in Miracles]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light' date=' not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

[/quote']