Quotes!!! Lets make a BIG collection!

jvanhalderen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not the slightest indication that [nuclear energy] will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will. - Albert Einstein, 1932.

Who the hell wants to hear actors talk? -H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.

Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible. -Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Kites rise highest against the wind -- not with it. -Sir Winston Churchill

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools. - unkown

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - Albert Einstein

Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer since to remain constantly at work will cause you to lose power of judgment. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller, and more of it can be taken in at a glance, and a lack of harmony or portion is more readily seen. - Leonardo Da Vinci

There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere. - Isaac Asimov

The great tragedy of science -- the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact. - Thomas Huxley

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it. -Erwin Schrodinger talking about quantum mechanics.

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. -Sir Isaac Newton

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not certain about the universe. -Albert Einstein

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it) but "That's funny..." -Isaac Asimov

"We are but packets in the internet of life." -Mike, UserFriendly.org

"640K should be enough for anybody." -Bill Gates

"How glorious it is -- and also how painful -- to be an exception." -Alfred de Musset

• 2 years later...

"This is life so go and have a ball cause the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you might not be right for some. You take the good you take the bad and there you have my opening statement. Sit Bubu sit, good dog" - Peter Griffin

random definition from urbandictionary.com:

3. love

A terrible, horrible infectious disease of the mind, that is falsely portrayed as wonderful by most ignorant individuals. It weakens one, allowing them to be easily manipulated, and eventually leads to nothing but pain and suffering.

"Be Here Now" - Ram Dass

Marge: I'm worried about the kids' date=' Homey. Lisa's becoming very obsessive.

Homer: I know. And this perpetual-motion machine she made today is a joke! It just keeps going faster and faster. Lisa! Get in here. [Lisa walks in'] In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them" - Isaac Asimov

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it" - Terry Pratchett

"Do not go where the path may lead you; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson