Persuasion Methods on My Calculus Teacher

My first draft of this included a bunch of babbling crap, i'll just cut to the point though.

I'm failing calculus, i want to switch out this term so the F doesn't count against my GPA, i could enter home release in replace, non credit obviosly because its past midterm so i cant start in a different class. My teacher has the freedom to decide whether my current failing (which i'd have to pointlessly work my butt off to get to even pass) follows me anyway. There is no good reason for her to not let me off. I've talked to her, she admitted its her choice, but says its department policy (that they cant excuse a grade) and that she HAS to support the department.

My babbling first version of this gave all the reasons i have to be failing, and why I don't think it matters anyway. But all i need is some advice how i can convince not to be a mindless slave and slavery promoter of stupid pointless 'rules'. I mean how i can entice her to consider my logical side of the situation. Actually i may have to deal with this before i can get your help, or i'll get someone else to help me, this is whats on my mind and i'm by the computer. Please impart some persuasive methods, thanks

this is my non babbling version. I am in regular Calculus (there's more people in AP than regular so there is reason to specify), i should have gone AP, but i didn't (why?i'd get carried away). Its a pretty simple point,: I'd have to work my butt of to get passing, and all to work would be pointless. It have already submitted for a schedule change (i'm in highschool by the way) to drop it next semester, but i also want to drop it for home release for the rest of this term so it doesn' count against my GPA. What can i do to convince my teacher to have a heart (or simply be logical, theres no point for me to stay in anyway)?

ah....I remember this time. Getting good GPA to get into good post secondary opportunities.

Well, my suggestion is to tell her straight up what was your problem. Most teachers understand. After all, we're only what, 17, 18, 19? We're still learning. Tell her you can't afford to have this mark and fulfill your post-sec goal's. Tell her you've never enountered something like this, and it'll never happen again.

being in Canada, i'm not really sure what AP is, so...yeah;

I hope that helps.

:)

AP = Advanced Placement

yeah... i passed AP Calc, but not by too much. many people dropped out, and my teacher didn't like it because that meant that they got the benifits of the knowledge, but no loss from a bad grade...

i have no idea, sorry.