Article: Did the Universe Have a Beginning?

It seems we've made alaot of observations with no definite conclusions. Thanks for the post jvanhalderen. It's a lot of food for thought. Have to get back to you on it. Keep up the good work.

Just aman

I always believed that if the universe were expanding, it had to have a beginning. But I suppose it could be cyclic. Expanding, then contracting. Even then, its hard to imagine a universe that has always been.

I prefer not to use time-based words when talking about the 'beginning' of the universe, as it invariabl makes people think of what happened before the universe. Now if time originated at the big bang, as well as space itself, matter and energy, then saying 'before' the universe makes about as much sense as 'north of the north pole'

now here's an interesting thought. When we look at Quantum Mechanics, all the various conservation rules - energy, angular momentum and so on, are the results of symmetries. Rotate or displace something (depending on the sort of symmetry you are looking at), and if it does not change, then it is symmetrical and you have an invariant, or conserved quantity.

Energy conservation is demonstrated in one of these symmetries - which one? Well rather interestingly, it's time. So if time is irrelevant, so is energy conservation.

I've always been weary of "Universe Theories"...it seems to me that we don't know close to enough about it to even create a hypothesis on anything relating to it. Let's get interstellar travel down, then start worrying about the expanding of the universe. :toilet:

I agree, we need to know about the behaviour and the origin of the universe before we actually start with interstellair travel. For example: If we would know what the exact impact on a object or living being would be in the centre of a wormhole, we might be able to use these cosmics appearances to our advantage. No need to design a ship with an infinite power sourse, hybernating pods or devices which folds space/time.

Knowledge is power!

It would be nice to know if we could just do it first of all. wormholes are just a solution of GR< no-one knows how to make them or connect them to a particular place, or if we can, the other end has to be put there. then there is always that big problem of the fact that GR and QM don't like one another. I'd rather just explore the landscape of the physics we can see before we start shooting off the horizon int ostuff we can't even theorise, let alone do.

We are starting to get repeatable results from QM and GR that don't seem to make sense but are redefining our existance.

The speed of light anomoly.

A Nobel prize was awarded for taking a gas to millionths of a degree above 0 Kelvin in 1996 and the atoms lost there energy to stay in a matrix and collapsed into a super atom.

We are on the threshold and there is enough information out there being discovered every day for someone to formulate a valid theory. Keep reading and be the one to do it. Post it here so I can say I knew that person.

Just aman:cool2:

• 4 months later...
Guest AainaalyaA

The perceptive mind, is able to perceive well that the Universe, and all that is within it, as a shell, has a beginning, as well as an end, and this does not relate to the existence of the Soul per se, as the Soul is not abject and subject to, being, in a certain area or space or time.

What begins, or evolve from must return to a source, and in that process, which humans term evolution is a process of what we term universal breath. Each breath gives and takes away the "life" within the shell. The shell is the one humans tend to be comfortable with, and tend to live with, perhaps also trying to comprehend its nature of being, or existence per se.

Absolute existence is beyond human comprehension. You would need to break away from the shell, your shell, in order to fully comprehend or perceive what the Universe is and isnt. Or what you are and are not. One cannot talk about death, unless one has died, and in the metaphorical sense, most humans are actually dead, meaning, they are incapable of perceiving the truth about themselves, and have to resort to hypothesis, and the likes of discoveries based on their perceptive vision which is not in absolute reality, the truth.

As an example,. you may say that the Sun is the centre of the Universe, and you would denounce that the Earth be the centre of the universe. Now having known this to be "true" in your perception, you proclaim that all things derive from the sun, instead of its opposite, which is water. If you were to gather enough intelligence of the opposite, you would realise that your abject study of the sun, and "existence" per se, as originating from fire, which the sun is according to your comprehension, then fire would be your need for survival instead of water, yet water accounts for 97% of your existence., and water is what you need to "live". Humans can live without food for a long period, but cannot live without water. Hence...

The shell is composed of various elements, this you have learnt through trials and error, and splicing of your genetic codes, but this is just the shell we're talking about. Life, Existence is beyond all these. When you talk about your shoe, it is your shoe that seem to be there, in existence, but it derives from possibly, a leather taken from a calf which again is a shell created from the Source. The Source cannot be a created form, for it gives out derivatives from it.

It is only in your perception, a human's perception, that creation evolves as a shoe would evolve from non-shoe to shoe. From skin, to leather, to design, to stictching, to shoe. As in your case of being human, is in your abject comprehension, from .....?

In order to know whether the Universe has an ending or a beginning, you'd have to study yourself first. You will not achieve comprehension beyond you, when you have not perceived the idea which is you, the human.

AA

It takes a lot of work to know your Soul when your alive. It's easier to put it on hold and approach existance through technology. Technology has its limits in barriers of time and size and velocity. Not barriers to a Soul.

Still it is fun to use technology to explore the existance we can see. We can get general ideas but I'll agree, not complete understanding.

Just aman