"supernatural ablities really just higher dimensonal perceptions?"

darkangel199

While i was at work at the IRS i was sitting at my desk doing nothing but staring at the flashing cursor for an hour. Well being bored i began blinking in sync with the cursor, that was flashing green and white, well i noticed that, not suprisingly when i closed my eyes a split second before the cursor changed to green and opened them for a brief moment then closed them again, like that in sync with the flashing that the color of the cursor appeared a solid color.

Then i had a thought, maybe, what people percieve as ghosts or having telekenetic power or esp is nothing more than their minds somehow shorting out and getting "out of sync" with our normal three dimensional world and perception. Maybe these people see the blinking while we only see the solid colors. These people that claim telekenetic powers somehow can interact in higher dimensions, so what we percieve as them "moving things with their minds" is actually nothing more than them acting in a higher dimension, as much as a 3d person could do seemingly impossible things in a 2d world, these people can seemingly do impossible things in our 3d world. That could also be why we do not see any scientific proof because we cannot percieve and detect things that happen in higher dimensions. the same with ghosts, maybe the reason some people seem them and others dont is because for some reason they can "see" things in a higher dimension. It probably is random which is why these people dont see ghosts everywhere.

The same thing could apply to dark matter. Maybe we dont know what it is because its merely a "shadow" or rather the "sphere" of the hyperspere. or in 2d people terms, maybe darkmatter is the 2d square they see when it is really a cube.

discuss.

true on the ghost point. but telekenesis could definately be manipulating objects in four dimensonal space. maybe something went wrong in their brains, and even though that cant "see" in four dimensional space consciously, maybe their subconscious is doing the controlling in 4 dimensonal space but their rational conscious brain cant interpret anything higher than 3d space so they, like us, just don't see what's happening in 4d space. we label it as "supernatural" or "magical" or a "miracle".

maybe the medical miracles are all just people's subconscious reaching into hgher dimensional space and then into the patients' or loved ones' 3d body and removing the illness making it appear like its a "miracle".

isnt the perception of time moving just that, a constant refreshing of the present with updated movements? I just figured that, if their are other dimensons, such as a 5 dimensonal space or more, maybe some of these people who claim these ablities have somehow managed to act in these other dimensions, and if so, then it would explain why we cant detect what happens. As to how one gets "out of sync" i would assume it could just be a random mutation. Since evolution is constant, maybe they are the first "prototypes". (i am by no means a scientist, i thank Dr Kaku for the whole hyperspace other dimension thing).

i just assume there is a rational reason for these type of things if they are true.

oh, gotcha. i just posted an interesting artcle in the relativity section, but a particular part caught my eye and says what i am trying ot say better than i said it:

"That would be an even bigger headline than the black holes. It could be that there is a whole new universe a millimetre away from our heads but at right-angles to the three dimensions that are here," Dr Cox said.

"That would be a real paradigm shift - our relegation to a little sheet in a multi-dimensional universe. Dr Cox said."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/stor...ectid=10400645

Just a note on the telekinesis: even if you could move something in the 4th dimension with your mind the most you could do is make the item vanish - not translate its location within the 3 dimensions we see.

It would be like trying to move an item on a 2D table-top, by acting on it in the 3rd dimension and lifting it up. That helps if you want to remove it from the table top, but along the space of the table you still have to act within the 2 dimensions of the table's surface.

Secondarily, if we did have a wide range of motion within higher dimensions, the laws of physics we know would all have to be based on them - meaning, there would be a reason why everything is stuck to this 3D membrane within higher dimensional space. It would probably be rather tricky to move an item up/down on that membrane, since even exploding stars (AFAIK) don't loose mass off into unknown dimensions.

But people who claim to see ghosts see them in 3D, right? Even if a flatlander gained the ability to see in 3D, it wouldn't take the form of him seeing squares other flatlanders couldn't see. He'd be seeing cubes.

But if he saw the shadow of a cube it would look flat, so the shadow of a 4D something would be in 3D.

I still don't think it is a viable mechanism to validate ghosts though - vision is based solely on light glancing off 3D objects and hitting receptors, and no matter how out of "sync" you got you'd only be seeing light hitting 3D objects in 3D space. Unless your receptors started picking up strange transdimensional raditation you wouldn't see anything, and even then its not likely to be filtered via the eye's 3D lense into anything composable.

oh, gotcha. i just posted an interesting artcle in the relativity section, but a particular part caught my eye and says what i am trying ot say better than i said it:

"That would be an even bigger headline than the black holes. It could be that there is a whole new universe a millimetre away from our heads but at right-angles to the three dimensions that are here," Dr Cox said.

"That would be a real paradigm shift - our relegation to a little sheet in a multi-dimensional universe. Dr Cox said."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/stor...ectid=10400645

True enough but I think he means like:

Lets say these lines are different dimension:

1)Your idea:

------- | ------------ | ------------ | --------- | ---------- (D1)

------- | ------------ | ------------ | --------- | ----------- (D2)

--- = dimensional line

| = break point

2)continuous

------------------------------------------------------------- (D1)

------------------------------------------------------------- (D2)

Your saying at the break points if you close your eyes you return in another dimension correct? If time is continuous it wouldn't have them, you would have to physically make one (I think like a wormhole idea).

Time still exists without matter correct? you just have nothing to compare or measure it too because it's all relative? Can you even test that, like in an absolute vacuum?

I'd like to see how one could get "out of sync" and manage to get into another dimension. As I understand it, there isn't even any "sync" to be in. The universe does not have a refresh rate, unless it's just a simulation in an alien computer.

Planck time?

and pixels are Planck Length?

• 3 weeks later...

dimensions can be unlock in you brain. all thought all ideas are, in

its simplest form, energy.

pure energy, that i kown of, is the only interdimensional traveler.

its people with a supersensetive mind that pick up on extra

dimensional perceptions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
i think if we were capable of being able to use more percentage of our brain than our perception would change therfore all the possibilities are really unknown

(While I know this thread is almost 3 years old...)

How is it possible to use more than 100% of our brain? In case you're not aware, we actually use all of our brain... all 100%. This is reality, and it is true. That whole "we only use 10% of our brain" thing is just a stubborn and persistent myth, is completely invalid, and is not true at all.

Click here to learn more: http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html