New Philosophy/Religion Forums

blike

Theology - I don't like the connotations, theology to many Christians I know is trying to make The Bible scientific, ending up trying to figure out how many angels will fit on the head of a pin.

Make sure that you have a dedicated forums for creationism vs. evolution, not because creationism deserves it, but so you have a creationism ghetto.

Check out other religious forums, to see what could be improved, I used to post in tcpc.org , but found it too theological for me, so you can learn by previous mistakes.

Don't expect perfection internet forums are in their infancy, we're all learning. It took almost 300 years for the Printing Press to reach the point where it could incite a political revolution - Tom Paine's Common Sense, it may be a century before all the great ideas we have now reach their apex.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theology - I don't like the connotations, theology to many Christians I know is trying to make The Bible scientific, ending up trying to figure out how many angels will fit on the head of a pin.

I disagree completely. the suffix -ology has nothing to do with science. It merely refers to a disciplined study of something - of anything. Theology is no more science than Astrology or Mythology.