Mutating your genes

apollo2011

The type of radiation which will mutate DNA is called ionizing radiation and it causes chemical changes in the cells that have to do with electrons. When you talk about the radiation that's coming from power lines, microwaves, this is non-ionizing radiation. So NO SITTING on microwave will not mutate Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), why do I think you already knew that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I was under the impression that if you gave a microwave enough energy, then eventually it ceases to be a microwave and turns into an X-ray (E = hf), although I admit this is a bit extreme for a simple microwave oven :P

there is only one way to find out...get dave drunk...make the microwaves power more powerful by a hundred fold...cut a hole in the front of it...stick daves head into the hole...set microwave for 99:99 so as to make sure it is maximumly efficient...Oh well...that would make a great story...

Or not :P

faf: there's also the minor point of your entire body being cooked from the inside out, and your eventual explosion from the pressure buildup ;) But yeah, I think your DNA would be pretty messed up after that.