Additional Forum Rules

Dave

Forum Rules

Also please note that the posts from the old Fractal forum have now been moved to Modern/Abstract Algebra.

[*]Please refrain from posting non-mathematical related information onto any mathematical forum. The General Discussions forum should be used for this purpose.

[*]Specifically, this forum (i.e. General Mathematics) should only be used for threads which do not fit into any other category of mathematics forum. Any posts of this nature will be moved to the appropriate forum.

[*]Where possible, please use correct mathematical notation, and, in particular, use of the correct tags for superscript and subscript as well as proper bracketing of formulae. For example,

(a+b)/2 :neq: a+b/2

Consult the list of smilies for a full list of mathematical symbols and Greek letters.

[*]Always remember that I'm on the lookout for new mathematical problems to put in my competition, so make sure that if you do have an interesting problem, e-mail it to me at dave@xyloid.org!

[/list=1]

Please note that any posts that existed in the Chaos Theory and Fractals forum are now located in the Modern Algebra forum.

• 3 months later...

Where appropriate, it would be great if you could use the math tags that are inbuilt into vB.

For example, instead of saying "the integral from a to b of x^2", you can represent this properly by using:

\int_{a}^{b}x^{2}dx

This turns out to look like: [math]\int_{a}^{b}x^{2}dx[/math]

Which in my opinion is a lot better :) I'll be posting a mimeTeX crash course, and if we implement the (hopefully) better latex tags, I'll do a similar thing.

Thanks.