Do posters use false Avatars.

Rebiu

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not that i frequent the boards, but whatever.

mine's the main character of Rurouni Kenshin. This particular picture kinda (sorta kinda) looks like me.

i find that his character is very similar to me in many ways. i've only seen one anime who's main character is even more similar, but i only watched that recently, and i've been using Kenshin for a while now.

but the main reason i like this particular avatar is his eyes. it's the determination, and the resolve to survive. i like it. i especially like it when i have the same determination, and when my eyes become like his >:)

• That's what it’s like online - peering down over a peopled landscape too vast to understand
  • It’s both a noun and a verb in old English (?): either a naive individual - an easy mark - or the act of the con (to gull). This genuinely reflects my unease online – countless souls I will never really know.
  • It relates to 'rajama' which appears to be a root word 'to stone'; 2 birds - one stone; casting a stone in a pool, see the ripples; stimulating conjecture… appropriate for a forum.
  • It's also a photo I took.

I definitely put too much thought into this…

So, is this about avatars or a personal grudge? What about females who pretend to be male?

Anyway. A photo of me wouldn't show "me", it would always show an outdated image of a person i have been. Remember the times we live in; a person can change dramatically! Usually i use my logo for my avatar, so people can easily recognise me (or my work). In this case it's just something that represents my nature and way of thinking.

So' date=' is this about avatars or a personal grudge? What about females who pretend to be male?

Anyway. A photo of me wouldn't show "me", it would always show an outdated image of a person i have been. Remember the times we live in; a person can change dramatically! Usually i use my logo for my avatar, so people can easily recognise me (or my work). In this case it's just something that represents my nature and way of thinking.[/quote']

Unless it's an image on your own server which is updated every few mins with an image from your web cam...

mine is a section of the mandelbrot set' date=' i wrote a program to generate and navigate it as an assignment last year, i had a bit of fun and framed a section for my avatar.

i used this mainly because i love the sheer complexity and beauty of fractals.[/quote']

Hehe, I wrote a program to show the effect of gravitational lensing some time ago. Guess how I generated a picture of a star background :D .

My avatar is also from a little program of mine, btw. It was two textured cubes juming around the screen; my first attempt to get used to OpenGL. But the reason why I did chose it as my avatar is not that I have any deeper relationship to that little prog but simply that the picture was still on my computer.

mandel.JPG

Does everyone use a picture that accurately relects who they are?

Why would someone hide behind a false image in this manner?

My avatar represents a race of hyper agressive, alien, mutant, cyborg, supersoldiers bent on EX-TER-MIN-ATE-ING all existing life forms appart from themselves. :eek:

Daleks

Type

Mutants in mechanical shells

The Daleks (pronounced "DAH-lecks"; IPA: /'d??l?ks/) are a fictional extraterrestrial race of mutants from the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. The mutated descendants of the Kaled people (referred to in the first Dalek serial as "Dals") of the planet Skaro' date=' they are integrated with tank-like mechanical casings; a ruthless race bent on universal conquest and domination. They are devoid of any emotion save hate; without pity, compassion or remorse. They are also, collectively, the greatest alien adversaries of the Time Lord known as the Doctor. Their most infamous catchphrase is "EX-TER-MIN-ATE!", with each syllable individually screeched in a frantic electronic voice[/quote']

Is that me?:confused: