Movie unravels scientific conspiracy, proves man is from the Cretaceous!

bascule

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4848668803639628771&sourceid=zeitgeist

That's right folks... mankind was the first simian, existing long before any of the others, and they've found all sorts of fossil evidence proving that man existed over 100 million years ago!

EDIT: removed remark, Bascule wanting this to be posted in pseudoscience

I am getting sick of these things going on and on about missing links and talking about how we have none, utterly dismissing the very fact that we've got a friggin' chain by now! Someone tell me, please, what the hell do these people think a missing link is supposed to be? Did they learn everything they know about science off the back of a cereal box?

Did they learn everything they know about science off the back of a cereal box?

LOL, could be...

I thikn it is because they have been told that evolution means one thing, without bothering to check if that is what it really means. So the "meme" of it has passed down and they have got a completely misrepresented explaination of evolution.

It's amazing how many strawmen arguments, and misinterpretations and sheer lack of knowledge and lies are being told in this movie..

The entire movie is based on the idea that fossil documentation is done by the ammounts of earth layer found above it.. how silly.

but then.. Iguess the second I've seen who is the host, I knew precisely what I was getting myself into.

~moo

Appearantly, this movie is quite old, and was aired on NBC, at February 25th, 1996, and again at June 8th 1996.

There's also a bunch of responses to it:

http://www.csicop.org/sb/9603/origins.html

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/nbc.htm

http://www.skeptictank.org/flist074.htm

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/mom/oronteus.html

Not that we need any, but quite telling nontheless.

In any case, I was wondering why it is that scientists chose not to "fight in the same battlefield", and just release a movie debunking this. Instead, scientists decide this is too silly to respond to in the same media, resulting in this movie being the main thing an unknowledgable average individual sees.

Isn't it time we start responding this war (and it is one, obviously) by using the same means? a response-movie would've been influencial to say the least, specifically to people who find reading long texts is tiresome, and don't bother conducting extensive check themselves (the majority of individuals on our planet).

~moo

I wasn't kidding about making a movie of our own btw. We can come up with a general idea, write a script and work on combining images that exist with someone narrating.

I'm willing to work on something like that, if there are any other volunteers...

~moo

Time travel! Aliens! Those would be the most logical explanations.

... Isn't it time we start responding this war (and it is one, obviously) by using the same means? a response-movie would've been influencial to say the least, specifically to people who find reading long texts is tiresome, and don't bother conducting extensive check themselves (the majority of individuals on our planet) ...
We don't need another movie. We need a new majority.

We need to CREATE a majority, though. Our opposers (who have no logical basis) fight a PR fight, and get the "votes" of the unknowing majority. It's time we fight back in PR, and have some responses. Don't you guys agree?

I just can't help but seeing a very grim future, where people just believe in Scientology or something of this sort, and renounce science alltogether. The WORK of science may still be running, but if you have the 'common knowledge' of kids (who have very bad science books as is) and teens against critical thinking and science, you get less future scientists and skeptics.

~moo

Well, awsome, now we need some background material that is profoundly, undeniably and utterly based (no, wiki doesn't fit :P ), some basic ideas on what are the main points to say in there, and then off we go to building a main story presentation and script.

I'd personally recommend going by Carl Sagan's way, and not doing a "cold" movie with scientific-logical-cord narration, but rather a more "passionate" story-telling of science. Whatcha guys think? Can we do it?

~moo

Well, awsome, now we need some background material that is profoundly, undeniably and utterly based (no, wiki doesn't fit :P )

Just grab as many videos tagged "pseudoscience" as you can off various web sites, look for the most glaring inaccuracies, and document them.

This sounds like a great idea for a video Podcast

wow.. hey, great idea!

okay.. we COULD start with the current one, but perhaps we'll have to split it into two..?

We can even have it in the form of showing the movie and having a bunch of us talking in the background (like that show, whatsitcalled) and laughing :P hehe or something ;)

~moo