People of the Jewish faith you have known.

Rebiu

So is this thread now "Random People We Have Known?"

I though that's what it already was, except just not entirely random.

But, hey, if you really want, I'll start listing all the Jewish people that I know. I'll warn you the list probably has a couple of hundred people on it.

And after that, we can start making lists with different requirements. Like people we know with beards, or blondes that we know, or people we know that like chocolate... let's not be exclusive here.

Why ?? My first stepfather was Jewish ( no one else in my family was ) . He was very good to my brother & myself until he had a catastrophic psychotic breakdown in late middle age . Highly intelligent & successeful businessman but a brooding introspective man obsessed with psychoanalysis (in late 1940's ,before the days of psychotropic medications )

Several off-topic posts have been removed.

That's what tends to happen when you have a pointless topic.

I know Rebui's stated goal is 'humanize' these people. On the contrary, it's just demeaning them to a list.

That's what tends to happen when you have a pointless topic.

I know Rebui's stated goal is 'humanize' these people. On the contrary' date=' it's just demeaning them to a list.[/quote']

I think he knows exactly what he's doing and I'm not going to bother with his threads anymore.

Bettina

There was older Jewish man. He had kind of a condescending way of talking down to people. I do not know if it was deliberate but he always sounded like he was lecturing. He was okay, I guess, if you could stand to hear him talk

I am trying to figure out if this should be read as "He was okay, even though he was jewish" or "ha, see, he was condescending jew".

Concidering there seems to be no OTHER point to this thread, I would seriously want to know what you meant. In the name of debate, of course. And to the point. And on the topic.

A bit of clarification, Rebiu?

Hmm, I know a lot of Jews too, most of them are about my age (16-17) and are very nice people.

Why is this thread "demeaning"....again, he just wants to know all the Jewish people you know, and how they were like. What's wrong with that? Maybe he'd like to see if Jews really fit in with the general belief of being super rich war mongering mega geniuses who want to rule the world and cheat god.

That's what most people who don't know (but strongly believe they do know jews) Jews describe them as.

Hmm' date=' I know a lot of Jews too, most of them are about my age (16-17) and are very nice people.

Why is this thread "demeaning"....again, he just wants to know all the Jewish people you know, and how they were like. What's wrong with that? Maybe he'd like to see if Jews really fit in with the general belief of being super rich war mongering mega geniuses who want to rule the world and cheat god.

That's what most people who don't know (but strongly believe they do know jews) Jews describe them as.[/quote']

I already answered this, I think...

I know Rebui's stated goal is 'humanize' these people. On the contrary' date=' it's just demeaning them to a list.[/quote']