Middle Eastern associates.

Rebiu

It's like proving you aren't racist by listing about all the Black people you know. You just wind up bringing unwanted attention to yourself. Seems rather childish if you ask me.
I think you confuse proof with evidence. When I feel a racist inclination I sometimes think of the blacks I have known who did not fit the inclination and this helps to dissipate an otherwise harmful conception.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that you are lost so just forget the question.

I actually know exactly where I am... what are you talking about?

Just Callous disregard.

Again, I agree with you, but this is a conversation for a different thread.

I think you confuse proof with evidence. When I feel a racist inclination I sometimes think of the blacks I have known who did not fit the inclination and this helps to dissipate an otherwise harmful conception.

This proves my point. You THINK about this things, you don't discuss them openly... it's a very childish thing to do. Refer to Mooey pooey's post, she explains it better than me.

, as ecoli compared quite appropriately to "black people" (though I don't think this is the term I would use),

what term would you use... I don't see how any other term would work better.

for me, I Know Mr,Ulah. he has the garden just behind mine and to the left, he`s a Muslim from Bangladesh, knows very little English, nearly 80 years old, and we swap vegetables, I give him Chilis and Cucumbers, I get Coriander and mooli radish, he even tells me the names of the veg in his lang when I ask him.

he has grand children that speak perfect English (one of his grand daughters is quite Hot actualy :))

also I want Live Cam with Mooeypoo a few years ago too when she was in Israel.

that`s about it for me really, that I can think of imediately.

You all know one' date=' me.

Hi, my name is Moriel, and I am a middle eastern.[/quote']I'm glad mooeypoo came back to SFN. She was a member when I first joined and I greatly appreciated the views of such an intelligent and witty lady who could tell me directly what was going on in the Middle East. I'm also glad she's here in the US right now.

Freddie Mercury, lead singer of Queen, was from Iran I believe.
Freddy called himself Persian often, but he was born in Stone Town on Zanzibar, off the coast of Tanzania.

The irony is sickening.
That statement was not even made on this thread Cap'n

Rebiu' date=' stop the subtle jabs and insults. If you're going to criticize people, be constructive, and don't throw insults at them:[/quote']Maybe you could contribute to the thread Cap'n. You must no an Arab, Persian or two.

Maybe you could contribute to the thread Cap'n. You must no an Arab, Persian or two.

I thought you were reffering the the Middle East. What.. no Jews?

See, Rebiu. If I'd start a thread saying "I want to put a face on all Capitalists in the world, so I know they are in fact innocent people and not financial man eating sharks who intend on world domination and the distruction of the individual financially imbalance person", and ask all the Americans to state their names, I would be bashed for generalizing and extreme-izing, which would be absolutely true.

You keep doing the SAME with the middle east. You saying "Contribute, you must know an arab, persian or two", belittles the Middle East - the people you seem to reffer to (again, out of generalization), and sounds ethnic.

You know, every time there are antisemetic incidents (in eastern europe in particular, but you see this in the rest of the world), you know the problem started with labling a person by his ethnicity and race, instead of by him being HUMAN.

I know many people who were born in Iraq, Syria, Israel, Iran, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and the surrounding areas. To be perfectly honest with you, I never quite thought of them as "Middle easteners". I thought of them as people.

The thread seems to desire specific MIDDLE-EAST labling, and I am not so sure it is originating out of as a benign intention as you claim it is.

If you speak of INNOCENT PEOPLE - they exist throughout the world.

If you speak of Terrorists - they, too, exist throughout the world.

If you want to see how many supporters of PEACE you have, speak of people, not of race or ethnicity. "How many peace loving people do you know" would be a good question. "How many Middle Easterners" do you know is an ethnic one.

I'd ask "How many asians do you know" and I'm a racist <BEEP>. Justly.

If you want to be ethnic - you're doing a heck of a job. Congrats.

ecoli - as you know, I'm not quite an American long enough to know what true politically-correct definitions are, but I did come accross the statement that "saying 'black' is politically incorrect'", which is why I stated I would probably chose another expression. Didn't mean YOU are being inpolitical.. just.. well, that this is the way I thought it probably works. I was just mentioning something I thought was a bit more politically correct.. you obviously, though, know better than me , and It wasn't meant to be personally against you :)

And guys <bows> I sencerely appreciate your support, and will concider YT's refference to bring back the webcam to be alive again. Though, unlike last time, I now have my own appartment, in which I feel a lot freer in, so, perhaps I should watch what i promise ;)

~moo

How does this statement have ANYTHING to do with "putting a face on innocent people in the Middle East"? Oh.. wait.. Of course. It doesn't, does it.

And here I thought it is going to take longer than that to shed the light on your background intentions, for an ethnic question.

You have no idea about the middle east, you don't even know what countries are included in it, you pick it by ethnicity, not seeing the diversity and background of the people that reside in it, viewing them as "Middle Easterners" instead of people, insist on this label for the sake of your own self attempt to belittle a situation that existed long before you even were aware the middle east exists, and now you start throwing unbased racist generalized comments against the Jews.

Oh. "The Jews". Not just the jews. "THE Jews". A Generalization that is specifically race-intended. Because, naturally, ALL the jews get six billion a year (where? who? can I have some? I'm Jewish too! I want some!) and ask for more. All of them. Everyone, because All the Jews are alike.

Did I go too far repeating this? I might've. But then, I am so fed up with antisemitism, that I tend to overstress my point. Do you also speak of "The Arabs" in such a generalization aswell, Rebiu, or do you save that privilege to Jews only? Hm. Perhaps you will just shed the light yourself, like you did here.

Lovely.

Sometimes I'm even surprising myself.

~moo

You have no idea about the middle east, you don't even know what countries are included in it, you pick it by ethnicity, not seeing the diversity and background of the people that reside in it, viewing them as "Middle Easterners" instead of people, insist on this label for the sake of your own self attempt to belittle a situation that existed long before you even were aware the middle east exists, and now you start throwing unbased racist generalized comments against the Jews.
And there it is, the racist card. Well played my friend. I will now start a Jews you have known thread. Perhaps that will make up for my insensitive and possible wrong treatment of you and your people. People of the Jewish faith you have known

By the way Jew does not refer to a race and many of the Jews who moved to Israel converted to do so.

"Racist Card"?

Well, concidering the fact I've been asking for the point of your generalization in the entire-middle-east region, without reffering myself to Jews or Arabs, I would say that there is no "Card" at all. I am not the one who threw away ethnic labling at everyone else I thought were different.

You also quite skillfully ignored the rest of my post, and the rest of my OTHER posts, and only decided to poke (or try to) me with mockings and insults. I raised some questions there that I thought you should relate to. I wasnt the one ignoring them and playing the childish insult game for the sake of generalization. I didn't play any card, Rebiu. You did.

Your fiasco in creating another thread, btw, just makes things quite worse in your behalf. Are you here to debate or to throw meaningless ideas into the air mixing religion with ethnicity and expecting people to smile and nod at your blatant ignorance of individuality? Not from me.

Oh, by the way, your entire last sentence is completely wrong, flawed, unbased and untrue. Next time you want to finish off with a bang, support your claims with some research or something. You'd have a much better chance to appear knowledgeable.

~moo

That statement was not even made on this thread Cap'n

I know that full well, but you yourself proved why I have a lack of faith in this community.

Maybe you could contribute to the thread Cap'n. You must no an Arab, Persian or two.

Of course I do. I used to live in an area of the United States with the largest concentration of Arabs outside of the Middle East (or something like that).

How is anyone pulling a race card here. You just said something to the effect of " all jews are greedy jerks" and quite rightfully so a jewish person found that offensive. I'm wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt here rebiu as you seem to have started this with good intentions. But now you have progressed to saying what i would say are some pretty prejudiced things simply because someone has asked you to clarify what you are trying to accomplish with this thread.

I've not been around sfn lately so I don't if something happened previously to put a chip on your shoulder or something but really all of this seems kind of unnecessary

ecoli, I gave you your cut last week after deducting the payments for my brand new Island. Yaknow how it is with world domination, so much taxes and so little deductibles.

You should get it by mail next wednsday. They aren't working in Labor Day.

~moo

It's actually written "Kebab"' date=' and yes, there are actually good things from the Middle East, the whole generalization of it.

Are you going to answer our questions, Rebiu, or just keep throwing incredibly pointless remarks around?

~moo[/quote']

My guess is the latter