School Exhibition help!

sriram

Guys! Actually we have a science exhibiton in our school. Plz help me to create my own model or anything that will surprize others.

Actually, i have an idea of making a "Laser". Could anyone help me by saying the steps to create a cheap and cool laser and any experiment related to laser. So that i will make a laser and also associate an experiment with it!

Thanks in advance!

You guys are really cool!

I like this forum

a really effective one is the monkey and hunter ballistics demo, theres heaps of info about it strewn all over the net, so how it works is easy enough to find out, i did this one in year 10, it used an electro magnet to hold the monkey and an electrically released projectile. the demo was flawless (thank god!) and theres a lot of balaistics topics you can relate it to.

as for a lazer, you can get lazer diodes if that will help, but depending on your budget and access to the right glass ware, you might be able to make a carbon dioxide lazer. with this you can go onto excitation energies, refractive indexes, and all manner of electric and optic topics.

these sorts of lazers usually draw a lot of power at high voltage, theyre a bugger to cool too. good for burning stuff at distance though. :)

google "power labs" and look for his lazer.

Thanks for your advices!

But anyway, there are many cheap lasers where people use in their key chains....Its enough if i know how to make it!

Just a small one and cheap. Also, please help me in more advices...

Thanks!

" Liquids will form patterns with a very high resolution. High audio frequencies can create very fine pattern, barely visible to the naked eye. A laser beam, reflected by the vibrating surface can be used to magnify the effect. The reflected laser beam can produce an image on a screen, which will represent the vibrating surface. The projected images can look like 3D holograms, and it is often quite difficult to see how the projected pattern relates to the actual pattern on the reflective material. "

http://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/DIY_Devices/homemade_cymatics_display.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymatics