Cable Connection wont work !

adsl1981

Hello,

My hard drive recently went on my computer so i got a new one and then i went to install my Blueyonder cable internet connection.

When i run it through the instalation disk it says cannot connect to the defualt gateway and basically it says wait 90 seconds and try again . I have even phoned up blueyonder and they just gave me a powering up sequence wich didnt work !

The thing is it works on my laptop no problem . The guy on the phone said if i get a IP starting in 82 it will be valid and that is what im getting ! But just will not work.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be going wrong !?

Thanks a lot !

That probably wouldn't matter depending on router settings, if he uses the router when connecting to the laptop as well.

If you are using a router, make sure to connect the PC to whatever connection you used for the laptop.

I remember once one of the two computers hooked up to the same cable connection through the same router wasn't working... I just switched the computer that wasnt working to a different connection and it started working fine :P

Hello,

Yes there is a router in between the Connection and the PC . Both the laptop and the computer are using the LAN connection (10/100) to connect to the Modem/Router. I do not see what you mean if you could explain?

But yeh the IP in config could work i didnt think of that !

Cheers

there is no software instalation for the router ! Its a built in modem and router from Blueyonder . They give you a instaltion CD but when it trys to connect to the defualy gateway it was it cant ... !

Frustrating !! lol

I had problems setting up our connection when re-installing windows ("can't connect to internet" in the installer), and they had me turn everything off for 30 seconds (unplug modem and router) plug in the modem then router then the PC. It worked... I don't know exactly why, but worth a try I guess.

Thats a bit strange. Yeh the guy on the phone did give me a sequence of powering up .... dnt think it worked but i guess if no1 else can come up with nefing then i am going to have to give it a go :D

Thanks