Questions_

KFC

Yo,

Can someone anwser this questions from me?

1. Witch electrode work better in a NaOH Solution Lead Oxide on Clay or just a plain lead strip?

2. How would you sterilize biologically a Petri dish with out expensive equipment?

3. How do you grow penicillin from orange mold?

4. When you are grow biological spesmen should you put in the light or dark and should you in a cold, warm, or hot place

5. What are the acids, alcohols, and steps to make esters?

6. How do you make Zinc Sulfide out of Zinc and Sulfur?

I doubt that simply adding copper to the zinc is good. Doping with a material means adding a VERY little amount.

If I had to do this, I would make a very dilute solution of CuCl2 (or CuSO4, if no CuCl2 is available). Take e.g. 1 spatula full of solid in 1 liter of water. Take some of this water and make a paste with the zinc metal. Let this mix dry and then mix this with sulphur. In this way you add trace amounts of copper to the zinc.

Do the copper salt thing in solution as suggested. If you don't have CuSO4 or CuCl2 on hand, add some copper (from wire, old parts, etc.) to a mixture of HCl and H2O2 (3% is fine). This will give you a solution of CuCl2- dilute it and then add to zinc.

I`de add it to the Sulpher personaly and then dry that, that way you ensure only a tiny doping and also no reaction may take place until you`re ready to fire, Zinc and Copper (Cl or SO4) will react in soln.

I`de add it to the Sulpher personaly and then dry that, that way you ensure only a tiny doping and also no reaction may take place until you`re ready to fire, Zinc and Copper (Cl or SO4) will react in soln.

If the solutions are VERY dilute, then the reaction with zinc does not really matter. The forms of sulphur I know are very hard to make wet, that is why I did not suggest this. Just for fun, add some sulphur powder to water. It is amazing to see that it really does not mix. If you have a somewhat heavier clump of sulphur powder, then it completely sinks to the bottom, taking the air with it and no water penetrates into the clump of sulphur. Even poking around with a little stick does not really help mixing the sulphur and water.

Does Copper Chloride have a different colors then Copper Sulfate?

Yes, they have different colors:

copper sulfate (hydrated)

copper sulfate (anhydrous)

copper (II) chloride (hydrated)

copper (I) chloride (has slight impurity)

I have no picture of anhydrous copper (II) chloride on my website, but that compound is brown. In its crystallized form, with larger crystals, it is dark brown.

Does anyone know how to make Baralyme out of Barium hydroxide?

What do you mean with Baralyme??? Do you mean the oxide BaO? You might be able to make that from Ba(OH)2, but I expect you will need to heat the stuff a lot. Probably over 1000 C or so. I have no personal experience with that, but I guess it will be hard.

Uh...almost any alcohol; methyl, ethyl, isopropyl phthalates. Both the di and mono esters exist. They are not particularly interesting; phthalate esters are used as an additives to plastics. Common ones are benzyl butyl phthalate and diisobutyl phthalate. Where did you get phthalic acid?

As for chloric to perchloric acid, electrolysis may work.