Relocating Israel

Martin

You wouldn't suggest moving Florida because of all the natural disasters (hurricanes and the like) that occur there. Now I know this is natural disasters whereas in Israel it is terrorism, but the reality of wanting to move a whole country (or even just 1 state) is just totaly impractical, it could never be done.

Sure I would. If it became to the point that hundreds of innocent people die there year after year with no end in sight. It's actually very practical, which is my main reason for supporting it. I don't care about any messages sent or who claims victory in what, since it's all just stupid BS.

It makes sense, it's pragmatic...what else does it need to be?

I'm hoping the idea is meant to be funny. The only way it might happen is if, one of these years, Israel loses a war and gets wiped off the map. We might then have to do a Dunkirk to avoid a second holocaust.

It is clear that the entire problem in the middle east is caused by states governments being religion dominated. Iran' date=' Syria and Jordan are muslim states run by muslims for muslims. Israel is a jewish state run by jews for jews. It is no wonder neither side wants to give in to the other because it is in violation of their religious heritage. I can't help wishing that we could set up a secular state in the area of Israel and Palestine, which would be for all races and all religions.[/quote']

I agree completely, but need to change "we" to "they". The Brits have done enough in that area. :)

It is clear that the entire problem in the middle east is caused by states governments being religion dominated. Iran, Syria and Jordan are muslim states run by muslims for muslims. Israel is a jewish state run by jews for jews. It is no wonder neither side wants to give in to the other because it is in violation of their religious heritage. I can't help wishing that we could set up a secular state in the area of Israel and Palestine, which would be for all races and all religions.

I don't see how that would fix anything. The Arab world would still hate it and attack it because:

1) Still has Jews living there

2) Isn't dominated by Islam

3) Doesn't oppress women

4) Can't be controlled and manipulated with filtered media

A better solution is to find out who like to fight for the cause, and those who don't want war, take the non-violent out for a while, supply the violent with limited ranged weapons and let them duke it out till no one person is left, re-move the non-violent back in, and you now have plenty of room for everyone.

At the "Vicious Momma" blog

http://viciousmomma.blogspot.com/2006/08/location-location-location-new.html

Rae Ann' date=' a 38 year old Tennessee woman who is mother of 3 kids, has been discussing her idea for Middle East peace.[/quote']

Since from your post one could deduce that you find that idea new and original, you might be interested in that the idea is not really new: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4510922.stm . Note: I remembered the iranian president having made such statements, the article is just the next-best google hit - I didn´t even read it.