Different colored eyes

Law

what really bugs me out is that i havent seen these threads since sept 07 and one of my topics is still active LOL,,,i forgot i even asked this thanks for the responses very informative

Edited by Law
next stupid ? will be...are we the sperm or the egg?? LOL

• 2 months later...

I have one green eye and one brown eye. Have had all my life. There is no way to get it without harming yourself and then all you'll be is blind in one eye. It's not that big a deal. People rarely notice but I admit that it's pretty cool when they do. Get contacts or forget about it. Good luck.>:D

Im not sure if someone already had a thread about this...But my friend told me he saw somebody with two different colored eyes and now he wants them:confused: I told him about these forums and he wanted me to ask, is it possible to give yourself two different colored eyes without hurting yourself or blinding yourself??

p.s w/o contacts of course...thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, its so cool. I found this sight, theres a few of us out here. I have one blue one hazel eye. I dont know if its a New Zealand thing, I have met five people with different coloured eyes. If you find a chat room or forum where we can chat that would be gr8 please put it out there.

thanks.

• 2 months later...

My left eye is blue and my right eye is blue and 1/2 brown I have 20/20 vision, never had glasses or contacts or an in jury or a surgeries, no illness nothing that would explain two different colored eyes except for genetics, so what, my genetics are different then someone Else's are two different colored eyes really that big of a deal ? there is nothing special or weired about me because i have two different colored eyes is there ? its just what genetics decided to do right ?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Hey, its so cool. I found this sight, theres a few of us out here. I have one blue one hazel eye. I dont know if its a New Zealand thing, I have met five people with different coloured eyes. If you find a chat room or forum where we can chat that would be gr8 please put it out there.

thanks.

I don't think its a New Zealand thing because i live in phoenix arizona and I have 1 blue and 1 blue and 1/2 brown and my hole life i have been teased saying i have dirt in my eye or when people first meet me thats the 1st thing they do they look right into my eyes and ou can see their head start to tilt to the side kinda like there trying to figure it out then i ask them whats wrong and its always the samething whats wrong with your eyes ? did you know you have two different colered eyes ? Like i didnt know that right . It blows my mind its just genetics its no big deal i mean iam not any different then anyone eles

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
i have a green eye and a blue eye with a gold streak

That sounds cool, I have one blue one blue and 1, brown and green

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
my cousin is now 6 yrs old and he has had different colored eyes when he was a baby. One eye was blue and the other was green.

are they still two different colors ?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
I have one green eye and one brown eye. Have had all my life. There is no way to get it without harming yourself and then all you'll be is blind in one eye. It's not that big a deal. People rarely notice but I admit that it's pretty cool when they do. Get contacts or forget about it. Good luck.>:D

I have 1 blue 1 part blue and brown and green and people always always notice mine I dont see it being a big deal but people can see the three diferent colors really really well I have had it my hole life and i get teased more then anything or i guess i did when i was a kid now that iam older people think its really cool but i dont see the big deal its just what genetics decided to do

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Those had to be contacts. Someone's eye color being one different from the other on the same individual would be meaningless or a slight mutation benign of some sort. And yes this would be harmful to attempt to do to oneself unless an expert of lasers becomes involved... perhaps. Currently appears impossible with chemicals or lasers.

Many persons eye color does slightly change over time becoming darker or lighter pigments since anythings possible at least with the human body and eyes experiencing some degree of slight graduation from one color to another. A drastic change however by material means would probably prove blindness.

That's a neat picture of your son. I haven't got to see one like that before. [i know he doesn't have contacts; my earlier post was for the previous posts]

Common in Siberians ? awesome.

What are you talking about they had to be contacts no they didnt I have a blue eye and a blue brown and green eye and i have all my life it doesnt mean anything its just what the genetics decided to do but dont tell me its not possible because it is i have lived with it my hole life and they dont change colors and you can see the 3 different colors very clearly no injuries no illness no trauma nothing so dont tell me its not possible

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Attached A Photo Of My Sons Eyes. One Is Half Blue And One Is Half Brown. Cool Huh. :D

He is gorgeous

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
The only information I could find on the subject.

I dont like being compared to a dog, If this was all the information you could find. SEARCH FURTHER !!!!!!!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
How is that a defect? I thought a defect was a trait that gave the creature a significant disadvantage?

How can you call that a defect ? thats not right !! Then you have a defect because you have 4 fingers an a thumb, If you cant get it right please dont comment you only sound stupid.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
I don't believe so. IIRC, it's a genetic defect.

I am not by any means qualified to talk about medical matters, as my medical "training" does not extend beyond first aid and CPR, but I don't see any reason why you could have two different colored eyes, if not born that way. I suppose surgery, perhaps, but I doubt that as well.

So, long story short, I don't think so, but I am not qualified to give an answer either way.

I dont have a a genetic defect because i have two different colored eyes if you can get it right please dont comment, then you have a defect because the color hair you have !! how is that ? how does it make you feel someone saying you have a defect, we have genetic differences thats all and thats what it is. ya know just dont comment ok

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
In extremely rare cases I suppose different eyecolors could also result from the porson being a chimera.

Ok call me stupid but whats a CHIMERA ? Oh never mind I looked it up and what i found was ( a mythological, fire-breathing monster, commonly represented with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail )

Have you lost your mind !!!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

If you dont have the expertise to make a comment on someone with out saying they have a defect or comparing them to a dog or a CHIMERA ( that one really put me over the top ) or something negative. People have genetic differences THATS ALL its not a defect, its not a chimera, or a dog or any of the other stupid comments i have read on here. All of you have some genetic difference then I do and I am not calling you a dog or a chimera or a defect. This web site if for people that have questions and would like sensible responses and would klike to hear about the different people out there not because they want to make fun of them or say anything negative but because it cool to have different people in our society we like different and we dont look at different as a defect or a dog or a chimera.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Wow... I feel enlightened, like I'm now capable of teaching a course on the genetics of eye color and the possibilities involved in combinatorial DNA linkage. Thanks!

What color was George Washington's white horse? Who's burried in Grant's tomb? Has anyone ever said you looked like a Border Collie? :rolleyes:

I feel your pain, I have a blue eye, a blue,brown and green eye and i have never heard some of the stupidest comments as i have here, i read a comment where i was refereed to as a dog a CHIMERA which i found out was - mythological, fire-breathing monster, commonly represented with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail[/i]

oh and a defect lets not forget that one!! I have a genetic deference::, then someone else, its just like a person with green eyes has a genetic difference then someone with brown eyes ITS NO BIG DEAL these comments are the dumpiest comments i have ever heard

:mad:

Edited by tdraggee
Consecutive posts merged.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i have one really bright blue eye with a black rim, and one dark green eye, with a brown rim, and a quater of the green one is light blue,

they changed naturally when i was 3, because i have a spider nevus at the back of my eye.

just thought i'd share that ;D

• 1 year later...

cataracts can turn your eyes' irises lighter, usually the color is blue or gray. blindness effects the iris and the cornea of the eye, casting a milky white film over the eye. physical trauma such as a tumor or an injury to the eye can effect iris color either lighter or darker, usually blue or brown. other than that, i don't think there is any way to change your eye color biologically after birth unless you were up for a full corneal transplant, and even then, there's not a 100% guarantee that you would still have your sight, not to mention you would have some stranger's eye rolling around in your socket.

colored contacts would be the best way to go about it, methinks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I have the same eye. I Don't know how to post a photo.

I made it my profile picture. It's been this way since birth. And, trust me, I did not go out of my way to make an example with contacts or whatever. I'm just wondering what others have been told. I was told that - many people have flecks of colour in their eyes. And that mine is not hidden by the upper or lower lid, and blue and brown are more distinguished. What has anyone else been told?

I was born this way.

I wear the same prescription in each eye.

also to the above.. it's what you suggested ... "sectoral heterochromia iridum" ... And to the person who suggests contacts or whatever are responsible for this... You are so wrong. I don't like my eyes.

I can't be this drunk and code in more photos. I've always wondered . So I can give more evidence .

being given the search words "sectoral heterochromia iridum" and seeing others... it means a lot to myself...

I really did not think this term applied to a person with one blue eye and one half brown and blue eye?

I would like to hear the "scientific opinions" of others whom are not simply Rhetoric students , as myself. Graded at the lowest of interactions in your chosen fields. I came here, to listen. Because, this is not a joke. When i see an optometrist, they don't even mention it. Is this that common?

Edited by Angela Au

It is not common, but not rare either. Slightly less than 1% of the population, I think. So an optometrist might see it every week.

I don't like my eyes.

I don't think you should think that. I'm sure most people (if they noticed) would go "wow, what amazing eyes you have!"

Unfortunately, it does look like nearly all the websites about it are generic medical sites and so they describe it in the same terms they use for diseases or disabilities, which is a bit weird.

Yes!

I am not a scientist.

I study language... But, I have wondered... So when I saw that this was some sort of "disability"... I was very much scared. I do not think this is actually a genetic, "quirk!".

I wonder? Perhaps, it is just a random colour combination? Too have one eye the full colour, and the other differ; that is a lot different than this? .? ...

There was a girl at my school who had one completely blue eye and one completely brown. I think that is pretty rare. But having slightly mixed up coloring is not uncommon (and always interesting :) ).

It can, very occasionally, be a symptom of some underlying medical problem so I think there are may be things they test for if they see it in babies. But usually it is purely cosmetic.

This is what I have always thought. That one full eye to differ, fully, the other eye; is different than having a random, discolouration, or uncommon colouring of the eyes. But, mine is very prominent. It bothers me a lot. I don't know what to tell people. Other than - "These are my eyes...(?)"

Seeing though the Google photos of others... Has been helpful... I have met one other person in the city i presently call hoe with the exact same eyes as myself. That person - when I met him... He would not even acknowledge it... But, that was the first person ever I have seen with this exact ... blue / half brown , half blue.