Argentina man requests vasectomy (he has 37 children)

Martin

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/08/06/sociedad/s-04215.htm

by a strange coincidence (Simpson fans will note) the man's name is Cleto.

"His name is Cleto Ruiz Díaz, he is 44 years old and lives in Corrientes. He has no permanent job. He has so many children he cannot remember their names. He wants to get a vasectomy to eliminate his reproductive capacity."

I guess it's an issue because the operation is not legal where the guy lives.

more quotes:

===quote===

Por qué no me puedo controlar? Porque cuando estás enamorado, la emoción te llleva". No sobra una "l", es el énfasis que pone Cleto Ruiz Díaz para explicar su envión. Tanto se emocionó que hoy, con 44 años, es uno de los padres más fértiles de la Argentina: 37 hijos, cinco nietos y —con 12 hermanos y más de 40 sobrinos— un árbol genealógico que se parece a una reserva forestal.

En Francia, Cleto sería más popular que Zidane, porque allí, para estimular los nacimientos, pagan 1.000 euros a quien tenga más de tres hijos; en Alemania ya lo conocen, porque la revista más importante, Der Spiegel, le dedicó una página a su caso; y en Estados Unidos tal vez filmen una novela sobre su vida. Otra que Montecristo: Cleto tuvo su primera relación a los nueve años, fue galán de siete chicas a la vez y vivió 14 años con tres mujeres, bajo el mismo techo.

"Dormía con cualquiera de las tres, él elegía", confirma Yolanda Lezcano, que hace un año lo dejó porque no se sentía bien tratada. Ella tiene 32 años y vive en la casa de al lado, con sus 11 hijos, Jonathan, Jaqueline, Diego, Daiana, Mariana, José, Horacio, Rita, Guadalupe, Angela y Milagros, que a cada rato cruzan la cerca de cañas para abrazar al papá.

===endquote===

Por qué no me puedo controlar? Porque cuando estás enamorado, la emoción te llleva". No sobra una "l", es el énfasis que pone Cleto Ruiz Díaz para explicar su envión. Tanto se emocionó que hoy, con 44 años, es uno de los padres más fértiles de la Argentina: 37 hijos, cinco nietos y —con 12 hermanos y más de 40 sobrinos— un árbol genealógico que se parece a una reserva forestal.

Looks like it runs in the family. I'm wondering how the moral majority feels about this. I'm sure they'll be sending a representatitve soon.

Sounds to me like the guy is just too charming for his own good.

• 3 weeks later...
How about a cerebral relocation from dick to skull, or a super-glued zipper?

lmfao.

The operation may not be legal there, but Jesus Christ, are contraceptives illegal in Corrientes as well? Apparently the problem of over-population has never crossed this guys mind. I'd also add it's just as much the women's fault as it is the guy's, they should all be publicly flogged.

lmfao.

The operation may not be legal there' date=' but Jesus Christ, are contraceptives illegal in Corrientes as well? Apparently the problem of over-population has never crossed this guys mind. I'd also add it's just as much the women's fault as it is the guy's, they should all be publicly flogged.[/quote']

I think everybody's attitudes to this are interesting and entertaining, mine, gcols, yours, his, his wives, the departed Silkworm's, and so on.

what HE says about condoms is that if he buys a condom then he sacrifices buying a kilo of sugar for his family.

that is what he SAYS----dont know if true----so they are on such a tight budget that they cannot afford contraceptives.

what HE says about condoms is that if he buys a condom then he sacrifices buying a kilo of sugar for his family.

that is what he SAYS----dont know if true----so they are on such a tight budget that they cannot afford contraceptives.

Well' date=' not being a mathematician, I ould not [i']possibly[/i] begin to work out the cost of a few contraceptives against the cost of feeding, clothing and housing all those rug-rats. If the state picks up the tab, then one could say the state is to blame by encouraging his activities. Er, uncharitably, perhaps, but is it a little possible he actually comes out in credit? Free condoms rather than child support after the first dozen or so?